Sunday, 13 October 2013

Hair Oils - Are they worth the hype ?



Lately it seems like all the big names in the hair industry have all released some sort of hair oil. You name it, they make one. Here are just some



When they were first introduced I was not going to give in and buy one, as I have very fine and greasy/oily prone hair. I thought adding more oil to my hair would just add to the problem and just make it look like a huge mess.

Also, being just out on the market the prices were quite high, averaging at least £7.99 and I felt that it just was not worth the expense.

Eventually, what with seeing how bad the ends of my hair were and how well they were selling in the store I work in and hearing people rave about them on YouTube I decided to put my hand in my pocket and try one for myself. The first one I tried was the L'Oreal Elvive oil. I washed and conditioned my hair, brushed the tangles out and then applied 2 pumps of the oil. 


I will admit I was a little concerned at first as my hands felt very oily and slippery. But after a couple of uses I was hooked. My hair was much smoother and sleeker, and I had compliments off both friends and work colleagues how nice my hair was looking.

Since then I have bought a few different oils and  I have enjoyed using them. They more or less have the same lovely effect on my hair and will definitely keep using them.

I try not to use them every day, but just when I think that my hair needs a little more nourishment than usual.  I have also done a more intense condition when I have coated about half the length of my hair in the oil and then wrapped my head in a towel to keep the heat in and really intensify the effect of the oil on to my hair.


Overall, I would highly recommend hair oils to anyone. I feel that they are definitely worth the money and definitely improve hair texture and shine.

Let me know in the comments below if you use hair oils and whether you like them or whether you think they aren't worth the hype.

Zoe xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...