Wednesday, 30 October 2013

October 2013 favourites

October 2013 Favourites

Well, this is my first ever blog post of my monthly favourites, and as you can see from the picture above there are quite a few of them. I tried to reduce the amount down, but, well i just couldn't. I love them.

Lorac Pro Palette

This palette is gorgeous for autumny looks, neutral looks and smoky looks. The deep orange and purple I have used a lot to create eyeshadow looks. The shadows are very pigmented and you only need a tiny amount on your brush, as a little goes a very long way.

Max Factor 3 in 1 foundation.

This foundation from the very first time I used it, I LOVED it. It is extremely opaque and gives a beautiful, flawless appearance to the skin.

Harmony face primer
This primer I recieved in my Octobers Glossybox. I was very dubious about this product at first as I am a relative newbie to the whole face primer "thing". But to be honest, i was pleasantly surprised. It may only appear small but I used it religiously for 2 weeks and it did make my foundation glide more smoothly onto the skin. It did have a very strong lemongrass smell but I don't mind that, to me it just smelt fresh.

The Balm's Nudetude palette


This palette has been quite the staple these last few weeks. It has just the right balance of soft neutrals and deep dark rich colours to create a wide range of beautiful looks.


I have tended to use more of the lighter colours for a more neutral effect for day looks whilst Im at work. The shadows can be a little powdery and you can get a little fall out, but as long as you tap off the excess off your brush you will be fine.

Mac's Sheer Plum lipstick (from the Venomous Villains collection)
Now, from the name of it you would think that this lipstick would be a plum/purple colour. But it isn't. its a browny , orange colour that cooordinates beautifully with the colours in Nature which is all around us.

Mac's Craving lipstick

This lipstick has been in my collection for a while, but it is a staple that when I cant decide on which lipstick to use I always fall back to this one. A deep maroon/burgundy colour that instinctively brightens up any outfit or make up look you may be trying to achieve.

Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara

I cannot fault this mascara in anyway. It is FANTASTIC!!!!It gives you perfect volume and length to your eyelashes without making them look clumpy in any way. The mascara for me seems to be getting better the longer I have had it. The formula seems to have just slightly thickened up and just coats each lash perfectly.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
This bronzer gives just the most beautiful colour when you are contouring your face. It can be built up to a very deep bronze look or it can just be applied to give you just a delicate flush of colour to your face.


Well, that is it for this months favourites. I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments what your October favourites are.

Happy Exploring

Zoe xxx




3 comments:

  1. Great monthly favorites. I really enjoyed reading it. I really need to get MAC Craving it looks soooo pretty. I would love to have the two palettes you mentioned too. Gah! I need more makeup!! Thanks for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this blog! I have the Lorac Pro Palette on the way as I type this. :) I have some other Lorac products and eye shadows, but I've wanted to get this for a while and finally have. I haven't tried ANY of the products from The Balm yet, so I guess I should get on the ball! MAC Craving looks amazing! I've been looking for the PERFECT fall/winter shade, and I think this one is it. I have several nudes, pinks, corals, reds, etc., but I really don't have any good berry colors. I'm not sure why. So glad you did this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the Lorac pro pallete , just got mine a few wks ago still messing around with it but love all the shades :) I also am a MAc lipstick junkie! The MAC craving is a great,love the fall colors and donr forget save your empties when u get 6 empties u get a free one!! which is grt bc they are soooooo good but sooooo expensive! ,I'll give them the empties ,no problem! But the lipstick is my weakness,(one of them anyway)my husband wants me to shop drugstore LOL....I am trying honestly drugstore is not that cheap anymore either!The quality in some Drug store brands,is good u just have to experiment,but won't give up my MAC lipsticks! :) grt Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...