Wednesday, 27 November 2013

A little shopping trip

A Little Shopping Trip

If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I had written a post about high end items that I would like if I had  the money. Well, Tom Ford's Spanish Pink lipstick was one of them. All my favourite gurus on Youtube spoke about how lovely it was and how everyone should own one. I do now, YAY!!! thanks to my lovely partner who had given me some money for Christmas and so we went into Selfridges today and managed to get myself the coveted lipstick.
Can I just say how lovely the staff were. From the moment I approached the counter, and asked about it the lady couldn't do enough for me, so polite yet pleasant, and made me feel like their number 1 customer. They gift wrapped the lipstick in black tissue paper and then even the gift bag was tied closed. Everything felt very elegant and sophisticated, even though I was only dressed in my big winter coat and jeans.

Then we popped to Debenhams as I had a £10 gift card to spend and it runs out on Sunday, so wanted to get something nice. I headed straight to the Urban Decay counter and saw the Naked face and body shimmer/highlighter powder, reduced from £20 down to £18 and then with my £10 gift card I managed to get it for £8. A total bargain.
After a little wander, I found myself just happening to walk into Superdrug where I found the new Real Techniques beauty sponge, which i had wanted to pick up and try out, to see if it was like my other beauty blender, which I love. Then saw some cotton pads which I picked up as I was close to running out, and saw the new Vaseline limited edition tin, which is called Paint The Town Red, and is tinted red, which gives the lips just a delicate wash of colour, and moisture when you dont want to be bothered wearing lipstick.
TK Maxx isnt a shop that I go into regularly, but when I have they have had some lovely household things, and with me having my new room done, I wanted to see if they had any trinkets or ornaments which would fit in with the colour scheme. I didn't find much but I found a really useful cosmetics organiser which can go on the top of my dressing table.
With not being able to go shopping very much, I have found myself on Ebay a lot more and have picked up a few little items, well namely 3 things, a paint pot by Mac that I had never heard of "Camel Coat" and 2 nail polishes, one from Essie "Smokin Hot" and one from Chanel "Rouge Noir". I have really been into the dark grey/ dark burgundy nails this month. I think they really suit the cold autumny/winter season.
This picture doesn't really do the colour of the paint pot justice. It is far more of a milk chocolatey brown than the cream colour which is depicted above.
I am so excited that my new makeup room/bedroom is nearly complete. The new carpet was laid today, new lampshade put up, and new makeup storage built, the Ikea Alex 9 drawer .
I cant wait to get in the room and starting organising everything, and putting things where I want them. At the moment my bedroom is a tiny box room and I dont have any room for anything, my clothes are piled up, my makeup is all over the place, its a proper mess. But on Saturday, my new bed will arrive, my curtains are being put up and I will be able to move in and call it my room.

I will admit, that my family and friends will agree, Im not good with change, and DIY and I really did not want all the hassle and expense of a new room. But with everyones help and support I have got a lovely new room that I will be able to blog from happily. I cant wait to give you a photographic room tour and show you what it is now like.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my little shopping trip.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, you got some nice goodies. I can't wait to hear what you think about everything! Thanks for sharing with us. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...