Monday, 11 November 2013

A nail polish let down and a new foundation

A nail polish letdown and a new foundation

Unfortunately I have to start today's blog with a disappointment. I'm so gutted to have to write this because I absolutely love Maybelline and all of their products but this was just a total let down.

I was out shopping in my local Superdrug a couple of weeks ago, and I came upon the Maybelline stand and it had a new set of nail polishes out, called The Brocade Collection as part of their Colour Show range. The whole set was gorgeous, all glittery and sparkly. There was a silver one, a bright fuschia one and then this one :


It immediately caught my eye. It is called Knitted Gold#220. It is stunningly beautiful, has a gold base but then has chunky pink glitters and then tiny pink shimmers running through it too.I didn't have anything like that in my collection, so it immediately went into my shopping basket.

Last night I thought I would try it on and see how it went. It painted onto the nails like a dream, really smoothly, no clumping and the glitter went on so easily, not like other glitter polishes where you have to dot the glitter on to your nails to get an even coverage. The glitter and gold base caught the light beautifully, and I totally loved it.
Just look at that sparkle, isn't it beautiful?

But, then I woke up this morning and a whole chunk of the polish had come off my thumbnail in the night, then I had a shower and another huge piece came off my little fingernail. And by the time I came home from work today, instead of it looking like a new manicure, it looked as if I'd had the polish on for weeks and couldn't be bothered to remove it and paint a new polish on.

I can hear you ask "Did you apply a top coat?" and the answer unfortunately is yes. So that makes the situation even worse, because I dread to think what the nail polish would have looked like if I hadn't have applied a top coat.

Im so disappointed because I love the colour, and the glitter and the way it applied onto the nail but the lasting power is awful. Unfortunately I wont be purchasing any more of these.

I think the only way this polish would work is if you are just wearing it for a night out. Then it may work fine.

Benefit's Hello Flawless Foundation


I will admit I do have a bit of a weakness for foundations, as I am constantly searching for the perfect one. This was on QVC and I had never tried it, so I ordered it and it arrived today.

It is oil free and has an SPF of 25, it is also supposed to give you more luminous and healthy looking skin. On looking at it, it says it has a light to medium coverage and gives you a natural look.

Im going to be using this foundation for a whole week and then I will come back next week and give you a review on what I think about it and how well it performed.

Well, thats all the makeup gossip for today.

Thanks for reading.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

6 comments:

  1. Bummer because the polish is so pretty. I hate polishes that don't last. Sorry to hear you had a bummer. I'm looking forward to hearing about the new foundation. Thanks for sharing (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a beautiful shade in the bottle, but so disappointing in the formula. The new post about the foundation will hopefully be up soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, too bad it really looked so great! Mabe try to put on a clear topcoat? XOXO, Sissi http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, this was with a top coat. It will be okay for a party but if you want a longer lasting polish, this definitely wont be the one.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that polish was so beautiful! I'm so saddened that it was so poor at performance. :( Regarding the Hello Flawless foundation, that's one that I own, and although I don't use it a lot, I don't have the full size, I do enjoy it. I am always changing my foundations from one day to the next anyway, without any rhyme or reason, just to keep things fun and interesting I guess, lol. PS, I'm going to leave my blog URL as my signature, if you don't mind, to let people know that I'm now a member of the blogosphere too! :) I promise, I won't continually spam your posts with it though. <3 u!

    www.schoolbellebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have LOTS of foundations, and I also like to keep switching them to get different finishes and looks. I love that Hello Flawless, gives such a beautiful finish to the skin. Well worth the money. Will be doing a review soon :) Feel free to leave your blog URL as your signature, I don't mind at all. Spam away :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...