Saturday, 16 November 2013

Confession Of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I saw this tag on my friend Renny's blog and I thought it looked a great tag post to do, so here we go.

1) Would you consider yourself a shopaholic?
Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. I absolutely love to shop and its when I feel the happiest, when I have new shiny make-up things to add to my collection. If I go to the shops and don't purchase make-up and beauty things I always feel fed up and as if it has been a wasted journey. I love the feeling of holding lots of carrier bags and wandering round department stores and beauty places. The only thing that stops me now is my ill health and not being able to walk very far. So now I tend to do a lot of my shopping on-line, and love it when the postman delivers me my parcels.

2) How would you classify your style ?
I don't think I have a certain type of style. I tend to vary it depending on how I am feeling on that day. If I'm not feeling too good, then its just a classic casual look, simple neutral make up and comfy clothes, like tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirts. But if I'm feeling okay, I wear jeans and a nice top and try to make my face brighter with richer colours. I used to try and follow trends with my clothes but I found that I was just wasting my money as the clothes were too uncomfortable to wear.

3)What store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?
I would have to say MAC. I love everything about the store. Its bright and tidy and there are plenty of assistants to help you find exactly what you are looking for. I normally go in there thinking that I will just buy the one thing, but by the time I come out its normally with 4 or 5 things, and a huge dent in my bank balance.

4) Where do you find the best deals?
Ebay. I always find some great sellers that have the items that I cant find in the stores. BUT, you have to know your set price you will go up to, because it is far too easy to get caught up in a bidding war, and before you know it you have paid more than you would have if you had bought it in the store. I always look for sellers with lots of positive feedback, if they have less than 100 stars, I don't buy off them.

5)Do you have a go to shopping outfit?
Not really. I just make sure I have my trainers on as my feet get very painful if I'm walking quite a bit.

6)What is you guilty pleasure? (not including beauty products)
Cakes. I love them and if I could I would eat them all day and every day. My favourites are the ones with a lot of icing. I have to restrain myself as the doctors want me to lose weight. But surely one a day cant hurt lol.

7) What is one staple clothing piece you cant live without?
My pyjamas. I love them. If I could I would wear them to work. They have to be really soft and fleecy and keep me warm, because I get very cold easily (as I type this, I am sat wearing a scarf and thick jumper as I'm froze lol). My favourite shop to get my pyjamas from is Primark. They do beautiful ones, and very reasonably priced too.Oh, and fluffy bed socks too.

8)What is a trend that you hope never goes out of style?
I dont really have one. I suppose, vintage things for the bedroom, I love all the flowery things and creams and white furniture you can get. Sort of a shabby chic look. I'm decorating my new bedroom at the moment and its going to be really flowery and girly and feminine. So I'm hoping that that look doesn't go out of fashion.

9)What trend that you love that passed way too quickly?
I think the nail crackle polishes faded out very quickly. I love that look, as it can totally transform the look of your nail polishes, and it is very rare that you find crackle polishes any more.

10) Who is your fashion icon?
Victoria Beckham. She is such a beautiful and classy lady and she has done so much with her fashion line.  She always looks so well dressed and her hair and make up is flawless.

I really hope that you all enjoyed reading this and I tag everyone of you to do this post on your blog.

Happy Shopping

Zoe xxx


11 comments:

  1. Very interesting tag. It's lovely to know more about you. Thanks for sharing dear Zoe. And oh I might also do this tag...seems fun to do. Hugs and Kisses!

    always
    shannel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs and Kisses back. Thankyou for reading this blog :)

      Delete
  2. Yayy! Glad that you did this tag.
    Btw I hope you get well soon so that you can get back to shopping again. :)
    Ohh I wish I could wear my pajamas all the time too. Lol!
    Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed reading this.
    Xoxo
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag, it's on my to do list but I needed to get some good reading in first. I am with you on MAC. I can always find something there. I will admit that the crackle trend passed quickly as it was never my favorite thing. I liked it on other people though. I enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you better dear. I hope your feeling well. Thanks for sharing (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MAC. I have a bit of an obsession with them. Hope ur feeling better too. Sending gentle hugs xx

      Delete
  4. Hey love, thanks for sharing this with us. My pjs are some of my favourite clothing items too, I love primark for them!
    Tania x
    Make-up-maggie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primark are THE best for pj's. Definitely going to have a look for some more when my bank account recovers from all my spending on my new bedroom/make up room.

      Delete
  5. It would be lovely if u did do this tag. Love and hugs back x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED reading this! It's always so fun to read these types of posts and get to know people even better!

    <3 from across the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tag you Teri, to do this post. I would love to read your post.

      Delete
  7. Hi Renny. Unfortunately I wont be getting better any time soon, but I have my good and bad days, so on my good will hopefully be back hitting the shops again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...