Wednesday, 27 November 2013

No 7 Cleansing brush and melting gel cleanser

No 7 Cleansing Brush and Melting Gel cleanser

I am not one for gimmicks, and when the Clarisonic first came out, I thought it was very expensive and couldn't really improve on what a good exfoliant can do. I mean over a £100 for a cleansing brush, did seem a little steep to be honest.

Then Olay came out with a similar version and although it was basically the same thing it was a lot cheaper, but I still couldn't quite bring myself to purchase it. I felt it was just going to be one of those things that I take out of the box and use a couple of times and then throw in the back of a cupboard and for it never to see the light of day again.

A few months ago, about the beginning of August, my sister came for dinner and just happened to mention that she had bought the No7 cleansing brush and the cleanser to go with it. Now, I think I paid £25.00 for it, I could be wrong as I have just checked the website, and it says £15.00 so Im not quite sure, but I am sure it was more than £15.00 when I purchased it. Anyway, I bought the brush and the cleanser and thought well, I will give it a go. If its no good then I hadn't really wasted that much money on it.

The brush has 2 speeds that you can use, a medium just normal speed, but if you press the button again, it goes to a super quick speed. If you press too hard on your skin whilst cleansing then the brush will make a funny noise and slow down, so then you know to reduce how hard you are trying to cleanse.

At first I felt that the bristles on the brush were really abrasive to my skin and it felt like it was scratching me, rather than cleansing, but the more I have used it the more I have got used to the sensation.
I have to say now I am very impressed with the product and I use it a lot, definitely 3 or 4 times a week. I don't like to use it every day as I feel that it might leave the skin too tender, just like the beauty professionals don't advise you to exfoliate every day as it leaves the skin too damaged and prone to breakouts.

The melting gel cleanser is the product I use with the brush, and the 2 products combined together give me such a lovely cleansed skin. The cleanser doesn't have a particular smell that I have noticed, but be very careful around the delicate eye area, as I have found if you get too much of it in your eyes it can cause a slight stinging sensation, as do most cleansers. The cleanser when I bought it was £9.50, but if you wait till Boots have the voucher where you can get £5 off No 7 skincare then that brings it down to £4.50 and I think its very reasonable at that price.

I would highly recommend this product and it takes pride of place in my bathroom. I feel like my skin is properly cleansed and dirt free after I have used it. Of course being a beauty blogger I will continue to try out new items and review them for you, but I would say that this is a economical and effective way of getting your hands on a similar product to the Clarisonic, but without the extreme cost.

I hope you found this review helpful. Let me know in the comments below if you would like me to test out any other products and review them for you.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG POST WERE BOUGHT BY MYSELF AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...