Wednesday, 13 November 2013

November 2013 Glossybox

November 2013 Glossybox

Glossy box is a monthly subscription service where you get 5 beauty related products for £10.00 (plus p+p)

I have been subscribed to Glossybox for quite a while now and I always look forward to each months box, to see what sorts of products I am going to recieve. 

The boxes often have brands of cosmetics and toiletries that I may have never tried before, and so it's good that we get to try them. Sometimes the boxes have great things in them and some of them have things I would never use. It can be a little hit and miss for me, but I tend to mainly like the products.

When you take the lid off the box, all the products are wrapped in black tissue paper and secured with a lovely pink tie, that you undo, and then there is a little catalogue/leaflet listing the products and how much the items are worth in their full sizes.


In the booklet, you get a letter from the editor, articles from beauty editors, adverts of different beauty products and codes to get discounts of beauty products on-line.

The first product I picked out of the box was a trio of Vichy Idealia life serums

These products help transform the appearance of the skins quality. They protect the skin from the visible effects of stress, pollution, smoke or an unbalanced diet. If I were to buy them full size they would be £29.50 for 30 mls of each product.

Next was

An Emite eyeshadow (micronized,which means it is easy to blend and to create an even and lasting result), in the shade Dams. Now to be fair, I'm not impressed that they sent me a black shadow, but I guess I can use it as eyeliner or to create a smoky eye look. It is supposed to be free of oil, nickel, parabens and perfume.It is £16.80 for 1.48 grams. Thats one expensive eyeshadow!!

Then

Yves Rocher Hand cream in Cocoa Butter and Pistachio. Now, I will admit that I tried this on and oh my goodness, it smells divine and sank straight into my skin without leaving a residue, so I think this is going to be a definite hit!This hand cream is a full size product and would only cost £1.95 to repurchase so I can definitely see me buying this in the future.

After the handcream

I was so pleased to see this Elegant Touch rapid dry spray for nails in the box, and this is a full size product too. I have used this in the past and loved it because it leaves your nail polish dry within a minute or two, which is important for an impatient gal like me.It also has Vitamin E which helps to nourish your nails and cuticles.

And last but not least, there was this nail polish

Look at this stunningly beautiful colour. When I first got it out of the box, I thought it was just a black polish but when it hits the light it has blue and purple sheens running right through,its the perfect colour for autumn/winter.I love it and hope it doesn't chip too easily. The booklet reckons you can get away with just one coat, I doubt that very much and will always do 2 coats.

Well, there you have it. I will use the products for the whole month and report back at the end of the month telling you what was a success and what was a fail.

Do you subscribe to any subscription boxes? If you do which ones and do you think they are worth the money?

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Happy Shopping

Love and Hugs

Zoe xxx

2 comments:

  1. I did purchase the Glossybox for a few months during last year until they increased it from 10€ to 15€, so no more Glossybox for me, I find it a bit expensive for some samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that some months the Glossyboxes can be a little naff to say the least, but this month I was really pleased. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...