Sunday, 17 November 2013

Product Review : Purifying Cucumber Peel off Mask

Purifying Cucumber Peel Off Mask

Normally I am not a girl who is into face masks and pampering and all that jazz, but lately after watching videos of the types of face masks available, I decided to take the plunge and buy myself one.

I just wanted a relatively cheap face mask to try out, then if I didn't like it, I didn't feel like I was wasting too much of my hard earned pennies.

I saw this one in Superdrug and it was only 99p  so definitely a bargain, I chose the cucumber one as I felt it might be the most refreshing, although there were others to choose from.E.G fruit sorbet, tropical cocktail, an energising one and an exfoliating one ( thought that might be too much for me for the first time lol)

The benefits that the mask is supposed to provide are:-
1) A refreshed and revived complexion
2) Soothes tired, dull skin
3) Is suitable for all skin types.

Upon cutting open the sachet, I noticed that the mask has a green gel like consistency and is quite cold to the touch.
So, with my fingertips I applied a thin layer over all my face, ( avoiding my eye and lip area), paying particular attention to my nose, cheeks and chin where I have a lot of redness and irritation to my skin. Once I had made sure the gel was evenly placed all over my face, I sat and waited for the 10-20 minutes it recommended for the mask to dry.

I decided to wait the full 20 minutes to give the mask time to work. Then it was time to remove. Now, this was really the only thing that was the negative part I felt about this mask. It was just like when you get sunburnt and the skin peels away, and you pull it away with your fingers.
It took a while, and even when I thought I had got most of it off, I rinsed my face in some lukewarm water just to gently remove any stubborn residue and then patted my face dry with a towel.

Straight away upon looking in the mirror I noticed that the redness around my nose area was significantly reduced,it looked a lot less inflamed and my skin was so soft and clean looking. I was highly impressed.

Conclusion
I would highly recommend this face mask, it was excellent value for money, easy to apply and although a little tricky to remove, the results were very impressive.

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog. Let me know in the comments what face masks you recommend.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxxx

4 comments:

  1. I love peel off masks I have a cucumber one and this post makes me want to go slap it on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really recommend it.Made my skin feel baby soft

      Delete
  2. I love all kinds of masks, but I also like to make my own facial masks when I'm feeling well. I use a variety of fruits, and the ones I choose to add are determined by what I am needing out of the mask. For example, if I'm needing my skin to be more hydrated, I make sure to add banana, if I need to reduce puffiness, I add cucumber, etc. But I do love the packaged peel masks as well. I noticed that, if I don't apply it quite thick enough, I will have a much harder time getting it to peel off. I loved this blog!! So fun to read about other women doing girly things!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think I will be using masks more as part of my skincare regimen. I will of course keep you updated with the different ones Im using and whether I like or dislike them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...