Saturday, 23 November 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
This foundation appealed to me straight away, when it first came out about a year ago. I absolutely love Urban Decay and all of their products. I especially love their eyeshadow palletes and so I was very intrigued on whether I would enjoy the foundation and whether it would live up to its much hyped up release.

The foundation comes in a lightweight plastic bottle, which makes it a lot easier to travel with, as you haven't got to worry about whether the bottle will smash and the foundation getting all over the rest of your belongings.

The bottle has a pump dispenser which makes it easier to control how much product comes out at a time.

It is described as a weightless ultra definition liquid makeup. It is peptide infused, light diffusing, and paraben free, so it has some good qualities for your skin.

The bottle contains 30mls/1fl oz of product and it is £27.00 from Debenhams, and Urban Decay online. I bought it in the shade 0.5, but there are 18 colour shades to choose from, so you are more than like to find a good match for your skin tone.

When first using this foundation, you have to give it a very good shake to ensure all the liquid and colour pigment is mixed together well. The foundation is extremely liquidy and you have to make sure you use it quickly, or you can risk it sliding off your hand and maybe onto the floor/clothing.

It can be a very light foundation, and as is suggested by the title, can make your skin appear as if it is "naked" and you aren't wearing any make-up but then it does cover some redness and gives your skin a more even skin tone than just bare skin alone. I have applied it with just my fingertips, which gives a real blended appearance and with a beauty blender gives another great finish. the only way I found that didn't work was with a foundation brush as it appeared to look a little streaky.

The foundation can be built up with another layer to give you more coverage, but I wouldn't recommend too much as it did cake a little around the edges of my nose, and on my chin. I did have to apply powder to make it look more matte in appearance, and had to reapply powder every 2 or 3 hours to reduce the shine that had appeared on my T-zone. On me, the foundation lasted a good 6-8 hours before I felt it was time to remove it.

Overall, I do recommend this foundation if you like a light -medium coverage and if you are prepared to keep applying powder to stop it looking shiny throughout the day.

Let me know if you have tried this foundation, and the results you found with it.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Thank you for sharing this great review. I was thinking of getting this but I decided not too after reading your review as I have oily skin and prefer foundation that can help make me skin looks matte always.
    I have been loving my Revlon colorstay foundation, probably will stick to that foundation for a while till I found a better ones.
    Xoxo
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon Colorstay is a fab foundation, but I just love trying new foundations all the time :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I've always thought about trying this one, but I'm not sure that I will now. I hate having to reapply powder all day!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont particularly mind applying powder to be honest. Maybe try a sample from your store and see how that goes. You might find it works differently on you x

      Delete
  3. What a great review! I haven't tried this foundation. In fact, it's WAY down on the list of ones that I would like to try. Your review was fantastic, and it makes me feel as though I made the right decision by not putting it at the top of my "must-buy" products. <3 and hugs from across the ocean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really worried that I wasnt putting in enough detail, but you and Shalunya have put my mind at rest :)

      Delete
  4. I have not tried this foundation but I keep hearing great things about it. Great review very detailed. Thanks for sharing (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...