Monday, 30 December 2013

December 2013 Empties Part 1!!!

December 2013 Empties Part 1!!!!

Yes, that's correct. Part 1!! This month I seem to have accumulated so many empties that the bag I kept them in was overflowing and so it was definitely time to write this blog, but then when I looked at all the different products I realised that to stop this blog being the size of an encyclopaedia, I was going to have to split them up into different parts.

I am chuffed with myself that I have managed to get through some of my backlog of products as I have so much beauty stuff that it can be a little overwhelming at times. So Ive decided that 2014, is the year where yes I want to improve my blog to be the best that it can be, but also to slightly reduce my collection down, so that I use all the products I have instead of them just sitting in a drawer gathering dust.

Well, onto the empties. First I used up another one of my favorite conditioners, the Herbal Essences Bee Strong range. Its so lovely, nourishes and conditions the hair so well, but doesnt leave it that soft that you cant do anything with you hair once you try to style it.
Next up is my favorite go to cleansing wipes. The Simple facial cleansing wipes I always use if I am feeling lazy and I cant be bothered to use my cleansing brush and my cleanser. They are great and remove all my makeup including stubborn mascara and eyeliner.
This next product has taken me a while to use up but in a way that is a good thing as I have not had to repurchase anything, it is the Gilette Satin Care shave gel with a touch of Olay and is for sensitive skin. To be honest Im not that fussy when it comes to shave gels and normally just grab the one that is on offer. But when I first saw this it was the gold can that drew me in, and as I had not used it before, I thought I would try it out. It is just lightly fragranced but once you wash the gel away after shaving, it really leaves you with the nicest, softest smoothest skin ever.
Another item to be thrown out was the Dove hair therapy Intensive Repair shampoo. I did use it all up but I cant say whether I found it to be repairing on my hair. I did have some split ends when I was using this shampoo, as I was due for a hair cut, but I don't think it did anything extraordinary to help them look any better.
Now you wont see many of these next items in my empties as they take me forever to use up but use it up I did and its the Cutex Ultra Cleansing Nail Polish remover. It is supposed to contain multi fruit acid, green tea extract and vitamin E.I will say though that this stank to high heaven, I know that most nail polish removers do smell, but this seemed so much stronger than other removers I have tried. It did do a very good job of removing all types of polish, even GLITTER!!
Another shampoo I had finished up was the John Frieda Straight Ahead shampoo.It is supposed to smooth, soften and align frizzy hair for instant easier, straight styling results that last up to 24 hours. I will agree that it left my hair feeling very soft and squeaky clean once I had rinsed it all out. 24 hours???? I'm not sure as after sleeping on it, my hair is never smooth and straight.
Perfume takes forever to use up so I was so excited to finish this. Does anyone else get excited when they have finished a product? I do, maybe I'm the only one that does lol. My perfume collection is huge and I REALLY want to use some of them up before purchasing anymore, so the one I finished was Very Irresistible by Givenchy. A really lovely perfume, and great that you can wear it in the daytime or if you are going out for the evening,
I finished up another of the miniature Baylis and Harding body lotions that I have, this one is in the scent of  citrus lime and eucalyptus, and was really a refreshing lotion to apply. The only problem with these bottles is that sometimes the lotion is that thick that it is hard to get out of the bottle.
(Apologies for the blurry picture).

I was very sad to finish the next items up as I have found the product absolutely beautiful, and would highly recommend this primer to everyone. Benefit's The Porefessional, is silky to apply, and gives a flawless finish. It is an expensive product, but if it gives you the look you want then I think its totally worth it.
And last of all for the first part of the December empties is the Organix Macadamia Oil conditioner. It is really a nice conditioner and contains sugar cane extract as well as the macadamia oil, which would help to give your hair shine.
And as you can see I bought it for a reduced price to so that's always a bonus to any purse.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the first part of my December empties. Stay tuned for parts 2 and yes 3!!!!

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DSICLAIMER : ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG WERE BOUGHT BY MY OWN MONEY AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

2 comments:

  1. Nail polish remover which gets glitter off easily sounds amazing! Something which I would like a lot!
    New follower by the way, from #2014BloggerChallenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...