Saturday, 28 December 2013

December 2013 favorites

December 2013 favorites

For me this past month has been all about easy simple products that give you a flawless look but are simple, quick and easy to use.At work I have been rushed off my feet, and then any spare time I had went to ensuring that Daniel had the most wonderful Christmas ever.

So my makeup had to last all day and I tended to go for very simple eye looks and a neutral glossy lip.

The eye shadows that I have been reaching for have been my Naked 2 palette, Mac's Soft brown eye shadow for using in my crease or my Inglot eye shadow palette, where I just swept the cream colour all over the lid and used the darker browns in the crease again to give the look some depth and dimension.
They are all beautiful colors and stayed all day long with my favorite Painterly paint pot used as a base for the eye shadows to adhere to.
For eyeliner I have really been loving my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. I have them in Perversion, Zero and Rock star. They all give smooth line to the waterline. They don't run or smudge and are just so easy to use. The one I have been loving this month is Zero.
As I said earlier I have just been using a lipgloss to finish off my look, and the Laura Geller Lipgloss in Cafe Au Lait is such a pleasure to use, and it smells of chocolate which is always a bonus in any makeup product.

About 4 weeks ago, I went to the hairdressers and had a good couple of inches took off the length of my hair, as it was getting really scraggly and a whole nightmare when it came to trying to style it, and so I inevitibly always just stuck it up in a bun, or a ponytail. Well since having it cut and restyled I have really enjoyed taking the time to straighten it and making it look presentable, sleek and shiny. And my precious GHD's have really been helping me achieve this look
 As you all know I ran out of my Alien perfume before Xmas and so I have been trying to use up some of the many perfumes that I have in my collection. So the last couple of weeks I have been reaching for my Viva La Juicy perfume by Juicy Couture. I love it, its sweet and citrussy and really makes you feel fresh. I wouldn't say it is the longest lasting perfume you can buy but it is still lovely.
Plus the bottle is just so beautiful and looks so pretty on my dressing table.

With the wet and freezing cold weather we have been experiencing here in the UK, my hair has really been getting all sorts of frizz and so to help keep my hair looking smooth before I straighten it, I have been using the John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Ahead Conditioner just a couple of times a week to help my hair stay looking sleek.
A really important tool for me this month has been my No 7 face cleansing brush, which I use in conjunction with the No 7 melting Gel cleanser. The brush is basically a dupe for the Clarisonic but about £80 cheaper. It really helps to cleanse my skin and once used, I pat my face dry with a towel, and face just feels silky soft and clean.

To give my skin a beautiful glow for the Holiday season I have been using my long time favorite highlighter, my Mac's Soft And Gentle MSF. It is simply beautiful and just gives your cheeks a subtle sheen. Think this product will be in my collection forever.
And last but not least are my nail products that I have been loving. Color wise I have been reaching for bright reds, a silver and a dark grey/taupe/purple. The reds have been Ciate's Boudoir and Essie's Russian Roulette. This I wore on Xmas Day with Essie's No Place Like Chrome on my ring finger as an accent color. I think these colors were just perfect to reflect all the Christmas color and sparkle that you see around you at this time of the year.Then the dark grey polish which I am currently wearing and I love is Essie's Smoking Hot nail polish.
Well, that is about all of my December favorites. I hope you all had a good month. Let me know in the comments which products you have been loving.

Love and hugs 

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS POST WERE BOUGHT BY MYSELF AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

1 comment:

  1. These are perfect! I love UDN 2 and the 24/7 liners. I want some inglot shaows so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...