Monday, 16 December 2013

Decisions Decisions

Decisions Decisions

Now when I first started my blog, I had so many ideas on what posts I wanted to write, how many I was going to write, and what pictures I was going to do. But at the moment, I seem to have got into a bit of a writers mind block. I really struggled over the last weekend trying to come up with something that my followers would be interested in. So, basically today I thought I would fill you in on my latest primer love, and a holy grail find in foundation.

Before I started blogging I was never one for primer and thought it was just a gimmicky thing that cosmetic manufacturers just used as a ploy to get you to spend more money on their products. But lately, after sorting through make up and finding a couple of sample primers from recent Glossyboxes (a monthly subscription service.)I tried them and was impressed with how much more smoothly my foundations went on on top of them.

The one I have been using lately and I think I will buy the large size (as I am using a sample size at the moment) is the Benefit's Porefessional.
When I first tried it I was quite surprised by the color of it as I was expecting it to be white like the previous primers I had used, but this was a beige-brown color. It is quite a thin, runny texture but as soon as you start to rub into your skin, it just totally disappears but does not leave your skin feeling tacky like primers before had done.
The sample size I have been using is 7.5mls/0.25US fl oz. But as you only have to use a small amount it has been lasting me a fair while, I would say at least 2 weeks so far if not longer. As I am writing this, on Boots's website you can purchase this product for £24.50 for 22mls of product, which I think is very reasonable for the amount of time it takes you to go through a whole tube.

There is a slight smell, nothing I can describe, but its not offensive in any way, and I don't think it would put any one off from using it. I would highly recommend this product.

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation

Oh my word. I thought I would try this foundation as everyone who I watch on YouTube had been raving about this foundation and how good it was. Well, I bought it off E-bay as I could not seem to find anyone who stocked it in the UK. I paid £41.00 for it, which was a little steep for me, I normally don't pay more than £25 and was a little dubious to how it would hold up to my oily/combination skin.

Well, as soon as I started to apply the foundation using my Sigma F80 brush, I could tell it was going to be a totally holy grail product for me. You have to work pretty fast with it to make sure it was all blended before it settled but it looked beautiful, and made my skin look flawless and redness free. I have terrible red patches at the side of my nose but once I had applied the foundation you could not see any of it.

The finish was totally matte which I loved and I did not have to apply any powder on top of it which is a totally rarity for me as I always have to powder. It lasted a good 10 -12 hours before I could see a few pores appearing and it starting to break down on my oily T zone.

I will continue to purchase foundations for the sake of reviewing for my blog but I have definitely found my foundation that I love.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products and whether you agree with me that they are brill, or whether they didn't work out for you.

Love and Hugs

Zoe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...