Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Glossybox December 2013

Glossybox December 2013
It seems like forever since I wrote about last months Glossybox. I even commented on Twitter today that I hadnt recieved my Glossybox yet, I put my phone down on the chair, the doorbell rang and it was the postman with my Glossybox. What a coincidence!!

From the beginning of when the Glossybox was put in my hand, I totally loved the packaging. Even the cardboard protective box the Glossybox came in was all festive in red and white. It looked so Christmassy and I was very excited to see what I had recieved.
As usual, the box came with its very own little magazine filled with lots of make up artist interviews, a how to look using Maybelline products,stocking filler suggestion and advice pages.

Even the tissue paper the products were wrapped in was red with little white candy canes all over it. The packaging for this box just cannot be faulted and you can tell a lot of thought went into the presentation. I know some people may say well, its only a bit of paper but it shows that care and effort went into the design of everything.
On opening the tissue paper I was stunned to see that there was a full size Wilkinson Sword Intuition Naturals Razor in there, which retails for £6.49 in the stores.
See what I mean about the Razor! This box was crammed full to the lid with great products, whereas some months you seem to be rummaging around in the box to find just 1 product because they are so small.
The next item I pulled out of the box,was a lip gloss made by a company called Beautiful Movements Cosmetics. It is nude in colour, it comes with a doe foot applicator and I did try it, and it seemed quite nice not very sticky and was a nice flattering colour which would suit most skin tones and could be worn to any event.The gloss was 4mls in size and would cost £6.00 normally. I dont think I would purchase it at that price but it was nice to try it, and add to my collection.
I was so pleased when I saw this product as I really wanted it and it had been on my to get list for a while and that was the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara.
I apologise that the photo doesnt show the product off to its best ability, but I cannot wait to try this product out. It came in the shade medium brown, which I think will suit me very well, as my brows are quite dark. I meant to take a photo of the actual wand but in all the excitement, it totally slipped my mind (old age I know).It sort of looks like a very thin mascara wand, natural bristles (not plastic) but the at the end, it is round like a sphere shape.At most stores this brow mascara costs £4.99.

Then it was the turn of a full size nail polish again. I love the fact that Glossyboxes include nail colours, as that helps me not need to buy as many from the stores (not counting my Ciate calendar lol). It is from the company Seche and I got the colour Lumiere, which is a gorgeous colour. It is a coral/peach/pink but when the light hits it, there are green, purple and gold shimmers as well. Think this will be a beautiful colour for the spring/summer. The leaflet says that it will require only one coat but I like to do two, just to ensure maximum coverage. The polish is 14mls in size and costs £9.95 in stores.
Last of all was a Sanctuary Spa Active Reverse Resurface and Refine Ultra Polish. At first glance I thought it was a facial polish but it isnt. It is for the body, and to be used in the shower only 2-3 times a week. the polish is to help boost circulation.
This was the only real product I wasnt too keen on but it will be worth trying and I can do a review on it later.

Also included in the box was a 20% off voucher of Sanctuary Spa gift card leaflet., which I wont use but it was nice to read and know about the offer.

Well, I am totally loving this months Glossybox and totally recommend this monthly service to those who have never tried it.

Hope you enjoyed this post and look forward to reading your comments on whether you are a Glossybox subscriber already, or whether I have tempted you to sign up and try it in 2014.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER: ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN AND i PURCHASED THIS GLOSSYBOX WITH MY OWN MONEY.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog especially this post. We are both part of the 2014 Blogger challenge - I have followed and can't wait to check out your posts. Love Jules @ http://lippylikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...