Wednesday, 11 December 2013

My first Elf haul

My First Elf Haul

Being as I live in the UK, I always thought that I wouldn't ever get the opportunity to try out Elf cosmetics as they were based in America and I never could seem to find them from a reputable seller.

Then a couple of weeks ago, just before Black Friday I noticed on Twitter that there was an Elf.co.uk website and so after receiving an email from them,which said that if I placed an order with them over that weekend, I would get a whopping 50% off!!! So with that type of offer within my grasp, I took the plunge and ordered a few items that had been on my wishlist for a while.

The first thing I ordered was the Elf eyelid primer as I have heard lots of good things about it, and that it is a dupe for my beloved Urban Decay primer potion, so I will let you know what I think about it.
Then I went a little blusher crazy.You know how it is, you get caught up in all the pretty colours and names and before you know it you have 4 of them sat in your shopping cart.

The ones I chose were :-
Blushing Rose
This seemed to have great colour payoff and seems to be more pink than it shows in the pan.

Fuschia Fusion:-

Now I loved the look of this one as soon as I got it out of the box. Totally my kind of blue based pink and with tiny bits of shimmer in too. Swatched nicely as well.

Candied Coral:-

To be honest, not too impressed with this one. It didnt seem to swatch very well and not as soft in texture as the others. But I guess time will tell, and I will let you know if it improves when applying with a brush.

Twinkle Pink:-

I loved this one too as soon as I saw it, and when I applied it, it was gorgeous. So overall, I love the blushes and really pleased with my choices. I will of course, give you a full review once I have had time to experiment with them and see how they hold up on a day to day basis.

Last of all I ordered a gel eyeliner, not in my usual holy grail black but in coffee, a rich brown colour which I wanted to try and see if it offered a good alternative to the black when I want to change it up a little.

Overall, I found ordering from the website very easy, the items were extremely cheap, I mean the eyelid primer was only £1.50!!!! You cant even get a sandwich in most cafe's for that price. And the delivery well, it took 10 days to arrive which is a little on the slow side but, I think the wait is worth it if the products live up to their reputation, and are good quality.

Let me know what Elf products you have and whether you like them or not.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS LISTED ABOVE WERE ALL PURCHASED BY MYSELF AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...