Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Top 13 products of 2013

Top 13 Products Of 2013

First of all, I would like to wish all my readers a very Happy New Year and I hope that 2014 brings good health and happiness to you all.

2013 was a very mixed year for me. I had a flood in my house which was traumatic to say the least. Went on a lovely holiday to Tunisia with my little boy. I then had to start a new course of medication for my illness which involves me injecting myself which to be honest is still traumatic every time I do it, but Im slowly getting used to it. Then I was taken into hospital with chest pains, and then trying to get over that and work, and look after my son all at the same time. I began a whole new chapter, when starting up my blog, which I totally love and am trying to improve with every post and trying to promote on Twitter, so it has been a rollercoaster of a year.

I have been a lover of all things beauty for a very long time, and I thought that I would round up the end of the year by going through my top 13 beauty loves of 2013.

1)Alien Perfume by Thierry Mugler
I adore this perfume, and I was thrilled to get some more for Xmas. I had been using this slowly throughout the year as I wanted it to last but inevitably it was all used up and I was gutted to be honest. Its a very distinct smell, and I always get compliments when I wear it.

2)Maybelline "The Rocket" Mascara
I totally love this mascara. It is amazing and I will continue to purchase this mascara for as long as they keep making it. It totally delivers on everything that you would want a mascara to do for your lashes. It is lengthening, volumising and jet black in colour. The mascara keeps your lashes curled all day and I dont even need to use an eyelash curler if  I needed to.
3) Essie's Bikini So Teeny Nail Polish
This polish is is just beautiful in consistency, because a lot of the pale colours in nail polish can have a tendency to streak and look awful even after the second coat. But this polish looks beautiful on the first application on the nail, and you could even get away with just one coat if you had to. But I always do 2 coats to maximise the coverage. The colour is a beautiful pale baby blue and looks beautiful in spring, summer and even winter due to the pastelness of it.

4) Mac Soft and Gentle MSF
This was the very first Mineralise Skin Finish I had ever bought and it is just beautiful. A peachy/corally colour with ribbons of gold shimmer threaded through it. It gives a beautiful subtle sheen to the cheekbones and you could even use it as a light eye shadow. It contains 10 grams of product so it will last me a very long time. I would recommend this as a purchase to anyone looking at buying a Mac product.
It looks very orange in the picture due to the lighting but it is much lighter in reality.

5)No 7 Cleansing Brush
This cleansing brush has just overhauled my entire skincare regime. It was one of the best purchases of the year in my mind. It can be used in conjunction with any liquid cleanser and just helps the product get deeper into the skin to cleanse it more thoroughly. The brush has 2 settings a slow, and a faster setting, so you can choose which speed you want depending on the amount of cleansing you need.

6)Mac's Painterly Paint Pot
This is the best eye primer to apply on your lids before your shadow, as it neutralises any redness or veins on the eyelid. It helps to prevent eye shadow creasing and disappearing. It also helps colours to blend easier and transition the lid shade into the crease colour.

7) Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush
This brush has been brilliant at helping me get a flawless finish to my foundation. It helps blend every part and helps to get the foundation blended well especially into the hairline.
8)Maybelline Anti Age Concealer
This concealer is amazing and has really helped me to cover the dark shadows that I have under my eyes. It never creases and really acts as a good highlighter to lighten and brighten.

9)Benefit's Porefessional Primer
I really think this has been a total bonus to improving the way my whole foundation routine has developed. It truly is like applying velvet to the skin, the pores and age spots just seem to not be as prominent and the foundation just skims over the top of it.It doesn't contain any oil and doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the skin.

10) Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation
This is a truly beautiful foundation, it acts as a primer, concealer and foundation all in one. The finish is totally matte and and lasts all day. It comes in a wide range of shades and so Im sure everyone would find  a colour that would suit their skin tone.
Apologies for the battered looking bottle, but I guess it shows how well loved it is.

11) Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
This was my very first bronzer I ever bought and it is just a beautiful product.. It doesn't look orange, its just a delicate light brown and helps to contour the cheekbones, and give them a more chiselled appearance.

12) Rockateur Blusher by Benefit
It is the best blusher I have ever used. It is a delicate peachy pink with a subtle shimmer that transfers to the cheeks. This gives a lovely flush to the cheeks and I know I will be continuing to use this well into 2014.
It is not as orange as it looks in the picture it is a much lighter pink in person.

13) Lorac Pro Eye shadow Palette
In my opinion this is the most versatile eyeshadow palette in my whole collection. It has a collection of mattes, and shimmers, lights and darks that you could use to create a light natural daytime look or a dark, smoky and sophisticated evening eye look.

Well, I hope you enjoyed all my favourites and I wish you every happiness for the upcoming year.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...