Sunday, 8 December 2013

Winter Essentials

Winter Essentials
Now that the colder weather is here, it is so important that we dress correctly and adapt our routines to ensure that we don't get ill running up to and over the Xmas season.

Because I suffer with ill health and I feel the cold a lot more than people that don't have my illnesses, I tend to wear jumpers and extra layers most of the time any way.

To keep warm inside, its always better to wear lots of thin layers rather than 2 or 3 bulky jumpers, as the thin layers tend to keep the warmth in more.

When going outside , hats, are very important as you lose most of your body heat through the top of your head and so a hat is one of the best purchases that you can wear this winter.
Also scarves and gloves are important to carry with you even if the sun is out as it can very decieving and you think it is warm but it is still icy cold. I always carry mine with me, so if the weather changes you are prepared.

This snood I was bought by my partner from Dorothy Perkins and they have lots of different colours and styles for you to choose from. They are brilliant at helping to keep you warm, because you can double them up around your neck so it is a very thick scarf, or you can place part of it over your head and use it as a type of hat.

The gloves I bought from Poundland and I love them because I can still use my i phone when  wearing them, as they have the little parts on the end of the fingers that allow you to be able to use your touchscreen phones.I hated the fact that with my old gloves, every time the phone rang or I wanted to send a text message I had to take them off, and then take the call, which by the time the gloves were removed, the phone stopped ringing.

I hate to even mention the dreaded word "SNOW" but no doubt in the coming months the nasty stuff will appear, and it is essential that you have some warm waterproof boots.
These I purchased off QVC last winter, and I love them. They have all fur inside and at the top as you can see above and they have very good solid grips for the treacherous ice that always appears first thing on a cold frosty morning . Another item that is a good to invest in is a very warm waterproof coat, preferably with a hood in case you get caught in a rain shower and that way you can protect your hair from ending up like you have been stood under a shower before arriving at your destination.

The one thing I struggle with in the winter is keeping my lips from drying out and splitting so carrying around a lip balm in your handbag or pocket is another way of protecting your lips from the cold, as when applying your lipstick onto your cracked lips is never a good look. So keeping them moisturised and soft is important.

This lip balm I love because it not only gives your lips moisture but applies just small amount of color to your lips so you don't need to worry about an extra lipstick being carried around with you.

Another way of keeping warm in the winter is drinking lots of hot drinks, i.e coffee, hot chocolate or herbal teas are all good at keeping your body temperature raised.
These are some of my favourites, I especially love the peppermint tea at the moment. 

Well those were some of my winter essentials. Let me know in the comments what your essential items are for winter.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...