Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2014 Bloggers Challenge- New Years Inspiration

2014 Bloggers Challenge - New Years Inspiration

As some of you may know, I have joined a large group of fellow bloggers to do a challenge for the year where we will get set topics on which to do a blog post. This was arranged and organised by the lovely Gaby (AnotherGirlyBlog).

I really struggled at first to think of something that would be suitable and then I remembered a quote that my mom told me about 2 and a half years ago :
This will be revealing some of my past and I guess by opening up, I will maybe helping myself to becoming a better blogger by not shutting anything away and opening up my true feelings.

In July 2011, my then husband announced over dinner  the one day, that he was leaving me and he did not love me anymore. He then proceeded to pack his bags and moved out. I was absolutely mortified. The man I had loved for 11 years and married for 7, was no longer in my life. I tried to carry on as best as I could trying to keep the normal routines for my little boy, so he couldnt see the devastation that I was trying and failing to hide.

After struggling for a week at work, I asked for some time off and basically took my son to school, came home shut the curtains and went and lay in bed. I didnt drink, eat, shower put make up on, anything. I think in my heart of hearts I just wanted to die. The dream of being married to my Prince Charming was finally over. Yes, we had had problems, like any married couple but I thought we could get through it, I guess he felt differently.

One of the days that I was in bed, my mom came round and basically asked me what the hell was I doing?? She gave me a long talking to, while I cried, and cried, and I cried some more. Then she told me, I could pick myself up from this and I would become the girl I once was. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" Of course at the time, I couldn't see this being true, but hour by hour, day by day, week by week, I slowly recovered. (During this time I found out the ex had been having numerous affairs, had another low week, then picked myself up again).

Even I was shocked that even though I had been at my lowest point I had ever been, I had managed to hold onto myself and come though it, and out the other side. Yes, it was a very dark time, and still now I have many issues that I am trying to work through, for example, anxiety, anger, trust issues, confidence issues, but with my loving friends and family around me I am riding the rollercoaster of life.

I since have had some bad news about my illnesses and to be told they are spreading was a really bad deal for me, and knocked me back again but I just kept that mantra going through my head, and I am still striding forward and trying to make the best of every day.

I chose this quote to write about because this is the quote that will get me through the bad days of the upcoming year, hopefully there wont be any that I cant handle with this phrase to help get me through.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx


12 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe

    Sorry to hear what you went through when your husband left, although we weren't married my ex left me a year to the day of when we were getting married and like you found out over the next few months that he too had numerous affairs. One of my friends told me that exact quote and even though at the time you think that you will never get over it you do and you do become stronger for it :)!

    If at anytime you feel low about it, just think of all the exciting things that are still to come :) xx

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading. Im sorry to hear you went through a tough time too xx Thankyou for your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for opening up. :) I feel that this challenge made me open up a bit too, though I'm not a big fan of opening up for the entire world to see, I think being honest is really important and will make you a better blogger. My 2014 blogger challenge is being published on the 4th. amateuraglow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I think this bloggers challenge will definitely help me improve as a writer and blogger.

      Delete
  3. What an awful experience to go through, but I'm so glad you found a mantra to keep you strong. This is such an inspirational post, thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for taking the time to read it. xx

      Delete
  4. I say this all the time. And it's just so true. Good on you for getting through it - I know how hard it is, and great job on having a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry about what happened but like you say you are a much stronger person now and I'm sure this will lead you to achieve great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all my friends and family surrounding me and all of my new blogger friends I know I will be just fine xx

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for a Leibster Award. You can check it out here:

    http://highstreetmannequin.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/the-liebster-award/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...