Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag

Beauty Blogger Tag
Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. I had seen this tag going around for a little while and so I thought it might be fun for me to do, and for you to read and learn a little more about me. If after you have read and would like to write it on your blog, feel free and let me know so I can read your post too. So here goes

1) Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
Well, I have been watching make up videos on YouTube for about 3 years, and I have been into make up for about 10 years. I suffer very badly with my nerves and so with the lack of confidence there is no way that I would be able to do make up videos, but I really wanted to start a hobby that involved make up and talking about make up to other people who loved make up and all things beauty, just like me. I have been blogging for 4 months now, and i still love it as much as the day I started.

2) Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I think Estee's from Essie-Button was the first one I read. She is just so easy to read and her passion and her love for make up comes through in her writing style.

3) What was the first Blogosphere hyped about product that you bought. Was it worth the hype?
That would have to be the Naked 1 palette, I totally love that palette. I have hit pan on 2 of the colours and yes it definitely was and is worth the hype. The pigmentation of the shadows is perfect, the shade range is great and they just last so long, that I would totally would recommend anyone buying it. The thrill of knowing that I had the palette that everyone was raving about, was a great buzz too.

4) What are your favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
I would have to say being able to talk to and make friends with everyone who writes blogs and makes You Tube videos. I also love learning about all the great new products on the market and being able to talk to people about what I like, what I dont like and what are good, and not so good products. I have found that in writing my blog I have found a way of expressing myself and it has really helped to boost my confidence and self esteem. Especially when I get compliments on how well I have written something or how much someone likes my blog. It makes me feel that maybe, just maybe I have found something that i might be good at.

5)What have you learnt from becoming a beauty blogger?
Hmm, that's a tough question. I think I have learnt to try and when I review a product to not just look at it from my point of view, but from another persons point of view too, so whether a foundation might suit me, but might not suit a person who has extremely dry skin and so mention this in the posts. I have found its important to know all the tiny bits of information too, like price, weight, shade, special offers, where you can purchase the product so that a reader can make an accurate decision on whether a product would suit them too.

6)Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
Yes, definitely. I take lots more photos and I make notes upon notes so that when it comes to reviewing products I have all the necessary information needed. I also spend a LOT of time on Twitter trying to promote my blog and chatting to other make up followers to keep up to date with any new releases.  Also, when buying a product I try to buy maybe 2 colours of a certain lipstick/eye shadow so that I can highlight the different colours available. I also, try to keep my make up all together so I know where it all is at any one time and so I don't lose things, which I'm very prone to doing.

7)What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
I would say to just be yourself, because if you are fake and try to be someone you are not, then it will come across in your blog and it wont be appealing. Your individuality is important, because I think the blog needs to be you, and your tastes and your opinions and what you love. Also, plan! Plan, plan, plan. Make time to dedicate to researching your blog, writing your blog, make time to take photos, make time to interact with other fellow bloggers and promote your blog as often as you can. Because no one else is going to do it for you, and there are thousands of blogs trying to be read all over the internet and so you have to make your blog THE one that everyone wants to read. Another thing I would say is be patient! I am not good at this but you arent going to have a million readers overnight. Blogs take time to become established and so just keep plugging away at your blog and over time the followers will come.

8)What are your top 5 make up brands?
Ooh this is hard. I hate making decisions. Oh go on then if I have to.

1)Mac
2)Urban Decay
3)Benefit
4)Maybelline
5)Rimmel

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this tag, and I tag all of you reading to do it too.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe! I loved reading this post, especially your answer regarding tips for a new beauty blogger :) I just started my blog several days ago, and I'm still strying to figure out bits and bobs. Have a nice day! :)

    Christine
    http://honestorchid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine. Thankyou for taking the time to read this post and comment. I am still learning about different things. I guess its just a learning curve for all of us. The main thing to remember is when you feel like you are getting nowhere and think there is no point to carrying on. Just keep going, don't give up xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...