Sunday, 5 January 2014

January 2013 Haul

January 2013 Haul
Hi fellow bloggers. I hope the first few days of January have treated you well, and you are relaxing after the hectic weeks that was December.

I had been saving up £2.00 coins all year and on January 1st I cut open my money jar to see how much I had saved and to treat myself to some make up items I had had on my wish list for a while. I also had some money that my friends and family had given me on my birthday and for Xmas, so I pooled the 3 lots of money together and I had quite a bit to spend.

So yesterday, armed with my purse and my wishlist off we trotted into town and the first place we went to was Superdrug. I have quite a few of the Maybelline colour tattoos, but there was one that I really wanted but every time I went to look for it, it was out of stock everywhere, but yesterday my luck was in and I was able to finally get my hands on the Metallic Pomegranate.


Isn't the colour beautiful and I cant wait to wear it. It has beautiful shimmers to it too.

Whilst wandering the aisles I came across a new L'Oreal range of shampoos and conditioners that I had seen being talked about on YouTube but had never seen in person, so decided to pick them up and can try them out and review them for you at a later date. The range is called the EverPure Range and they contain no sulphates so they are supposed to be better for looking after the health of your hair, and contain Botanical oils in Rosemary and Mint.


The next store I went to was my beloved Mac. How I adore that shop. Its so bright and clean and everything is set out so beautifully that it instantly makes me want to shop, and spend a lot of money. They had the new Metallic Nudes collection and the lady showed me how lovely the Mineralise Skin finishes were, and so I had to pick one up and an eye shadow. The MSF I chose was called Superb and the eye shadow was Sweet Heat. I was very lucky in getting these as the lady explained that these were the last ones of these in stock.
 Superb Mineralise Skin Finish
Sweet Heat Eyeshadow.

They look very similar in the photos but I can assure you in reality they are different. Then once I had got these I managed to finally get the Rebel lipstick which I desperately wanted for my collection and the Cranberry eye shadow which I think will look beautiful when applied over the Maybelline's Pomegranate tattoo.


I was so excited when I left the Mac shop, I felt on top of the world that I had added some really fabulous products to my collection. I have had quite a few problems buying things online lately that actually getting the things I wanted made everything worth while.

Next place to hit was Debenhams, I knew that there were a couple of things I wanted to buy from Urban Decay and wasn't sure what else to get so just wanted to have a little browse around to see if anything took my fancy. Before I was even able to get to the Urban Decay area, Bare Minerals caught my eye and they had a sale on some of their items. They had some of their Ready eye shadow palettes with 50% off. So instead of being £35.00 I got one for £17.50!!Bargain hey?!? The palette I chose is called "The Affair To Remember" Palette and all the colours are fairly neutral and I could some smoky eye looks with it.



Aren't the colours beautiful?

I headed straight to the Urban Decay section. I already own Mac's Fix +  and I love it, but I felt I wanted to try one of Urban Decays's setting spray, so managed to get one of those, and also picked up one of the new Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks in Native and a lip liner in Naked. I did pick up and look at one of the old palettes that they had reduced but I was very restrained and put that back on the shelf.





Whilst I was paying,  the sales assistant asked if I had Debenham's store card. I replied that I didn't and so he gave me a form for one. I have to register it on line. I don't think that I will be able to have it though due to me trying to apply for one twice before and it would never allow me to register properly. So we will see.

Last place I wanted to go was Boots, and have a look at the Clinique counter. As I went over the two assistants were chatting and didn't look too interested in helping me, so I went over and asked if they had the 2 items I was after, the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara and the Chubby Stick in Mightiest Maraschino. She struggled to find it and had to ask another member of staff to help her. But eventually I had the 2 products in my possession. Oh and I also picked up the small bottle (90mls) of the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser to try out.




On Friday I also did a small haul before I started work as we had some new items that had come in to store. The new Maybelline primer, and the L'Oreal La Manga mascara. Also, I needed to pick up another of the Rimmel black Scandaleyes liner as I had misplaced my other one (problems of having too much make up lol). I will do reviews and first impressions of all the products I bought very soon.




Well, that was my big haul for January, eek! Only in the first 5 days of January and bought so much beauty stuff. Oh well, at least I have plenty to talk about this month on my blog.

I hope you enjoyed this haul, and let me know in the comments what you have treated yourself too this month.

Love and Hugs.

Zoe xxx

6 comments:

  1. Ooh you've got some great goodies! I've bought the Baby Skin primer too! x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Cant wait to try the Baby Skin primer too x

      Delete
  2. Great blog can't wait for our next shopping trip xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...