Thursday, 16 January 2014

January 2014 Empties

January 2014 Empties

Well after last months HUUUUGE empties, I didn't think there would be that many to do this month, but I feel quite proud of myself that I am managing to get through so many things and work my huge pile of beauty products and hopefully reduce my collection somewhat.

On the 13th of each month I will be talking to you about how I am doing in not buying so many things and whether I am managing to cope as I am a compulsive shopper and so the urge to shop 24/7/365 is very hard to ignore. I would like to have reduced each area of my collection by at least a quarter by this time next year. What's the point in having lovely make up and beauty products if you are not going to use it??

So on with the empties.

1)Elegant touch rapid dry spray for nails
I love love love this product. I recieved it in a Glossybox a couple of months back and it is amazing stuff. You literally paint your nails then spray this over the top and your polish is dry within 60 seconds. I would never want to be without this now, and so have already bought a back up. Highly recommend.

2) Dove Go Fresh Deodorant
Will always go through deodorant quickly, because I am a girl who likes to know she smells fresh and clean EVERY minute, this was nice as it smelled very clean and fresh with the cucumber and green tea scent. Already bought another.

3) Simple Facial Wipes
As in previous monthly empties blogs, I have gone through another pack of cleansing facial wipes. I really like these as they do the job really well, and you don't have to scrub at your face to remove the make up, it just glides off really easily. It even gets off hard to remove waterproof mascara, and so that for me sells the product instantly.

4)Denticlean Whitening Mouthwash
This I had picked up one day when I was in a rush at the local 99p store and it came with a toothbrush and toothpaste, so for 99p it was a good buy, even if it was just for the toothbrush alone. I wouldn't say it was the best tasting mouthwash I had ever tried, but there again what can you expect for the measly price of 99p.
But it did the job and helped to keep my mouth feeling reasonably fresh and clean.

5)Hand Food Hand Cream by Soap And Glory
Yet again another brilliant holy grail product. It really helped moisturise my hands and keep them from getting so dry and chapped like they normally do in these harsh cold months. But it didnt leave my hands feeling greasy and oily. I was able to get on and carry on with my normal day to day stuff without having to wait hours for the cream to sink into my hands. And the smell, well, its just gorgeous.It has macadamia oil and shea butter in too, so all the ingredients in the cream are really nourishing for the skin.

6) Nivea Stress Protect Anti Perspirant
For me, this deodorant was a real let down. Its supposed to stop you from sweating, but it really didnt and I felt conscious every time I got a little warm and I was worried that I would be smelling, I really preferred the Dove deodorant that I spoke about earlier. So I would not be purchasing this again any time soon.

7) Boots Tea Tree And Witch Hazel Cleansing And Toning Lotion
I had spoken about how great this lotion was in a product review a few months back. It smelt really clean and you only needed a few drops on a cotton wool pad and you could see it removing every bit of the grime, dirt and make up that had been on your face. Great multi use product and saves you having to use separate cleansing lotion and then another toner afterwards, as it was all combined in this one bottle. I would repurchase this product.

8)Sally Hansen Insta Dri Top Coat
When I first got this product, I really liked it, I felt like it did stop my nails from chipping a little bit and it dried my polish fairly quickly too. But after a couple of months of use, and had only got halfway down the bottle, it seemed as if the polish thickened up, and it was a really gloopy mess every time I tried to use it over the top of my manicure. So, yes I think it is an okay product, but I do think there are better products on the market, i.e the Elegant Touch Rapid dry spray for nails.

9)John Frieda Frizz Ease Conditioner
I really like this product. It really helped with my rebellious frizz prone hair. Ever since I have started on my new medication for my illnesses, my hair just seems to have gone wild and so I am having to really try lots of different products to try and combat the frizziness and the static nature of my hair. I had finished the shampoo last month, and conditioner always takes me longer to go through (I don't know why) as I use the same amount of each every day.

10)Random Perfume Samples
Every month in my Glossy box, you are more or less guaranteed to get a perfume sample of one kind or another. With me trying to shop my stash, I found these lying around and so I thought I would put them to use this past month. The ones I tried to use up were "Lemon" by Mary Greenwell. Loved it, I love anything that smells fresh and citrussy, so this was right up my alley. "Aura" by Swarovski, again I really liked it, this was quite musky, but really nice. Then there was "Boss Jour", the new perfume by Hugo Boss, I really didnt like this, so definitely would not be buying this anytime soon. And the other was "Jasmin and Bergamot" by L'Occitane, and again, just was not struck by them and so found I really did not want to use them up, and would rather just get rid of them.

So that is the end of this month's empties. I think I have done really well. What do you think?

Hope you enjoyed this little peek into my rubbish bin,lol.

Lots of love and hugs 

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER :ALL PRODUCTS WERE PURCHASED BY MYSELF AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you! I never use up products!!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, I'm sure. Just persevere, and you will feel so pleased when you do. (sad, i know that I get so excited when I've used something up or when I hit pan on something

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...