Friday, 31 January 2014

January 2014 favourites

January 2014 Favourites

Hello to all my lovely readers. I hope the beginning of the year has been a good one for you. I have had a mixed month, what with a boiler man trying to con me out of money, a flood in my kitchen and then my washing machine breaking. On the good side, my son has been doing brilliantly at school, and my health is doing a little better, my nurse is pleased with my progress,finally.

Beauty wise, I have been doing quite a bit of shopping and adding lots to my collection, and I have some favourites that I thought would be nice to share with you.

First up is my shampoo and conditioner that I have been loving this month and it has really helped improve the overall condition of my hair. This cold and wet weather has wreaked havoc with my already temperamental hair.
It's the Bee Strong range from Herbal Essences, that the ever beautiful Nicole Scherzinger helps to publicise. The only down side to the conditioner is that it is so hard to squeeze out of the tube but I will keep persevering with it.

Next up is my newest body lotion that I am loving and just look at the beautiful packaging.
It is the Nivea Soft moisturiser. It is displayed in stores with all the facial moisturisers, but I have been using it to apply all over my body after my shower in the mornings. It is lovely and rich feeling but it doesnt leave the skin feeling greasy or sticky.

Another favourite has yet again been my Lorac Pro Palette. I will never stop using this palette. It is my go to palette when I cant decide what eye look to do. The shadows are buttery and smooth and apply to the lid like a dream, just beautiful.
My favourite shades have been the gold, lt brown and sable, they all just blend together beautifully.

Ever since I bought this next lipstick I have had compliment after compliment and it has really boosted my confidence in wearing this particular shade as I was worried that it might be too dark for my skintone, it is Mac's Rebel.
Such a beautiful berry/plum colour and I recommend it for everyone. Mac lipsticks are on the more expensive side but I think the price is worth it because of the pigmentation and the lasting power of them.
This foundation has been in my collection for a while, but it just proves every time I go back to using it why it is such a favourite of mine. It gives flawless full coverage, doesn't look cakey if you apply an extra layer over blemishes or breakouts, and lasts the whole day. Sometimes when using this foundation I don't need to powder after, which is unheard of for me as I suffer with such oily/combination skin.

My new favourite eye shadow has to be Mac's Cranberry, it is simply gorgeous. You have to be so careful when wearing any red toned/pink toned eye shadows as they can make you look ill/ tired but this is just lovely and has such a beautiful shimmer to it, that it makes any eye look polished and pretty.

Highlighter has been my go to this month and I have been using a lot of Mac's Prep and Prime Radiant Rose.
As you can see, it can applied quite thickly to give more opaque coverage, or blended out to give just a pretty subtle sheen to where ever on the skin you apply it.

Perfume wise it is still my Viva La Juicy Perfume by Juicy Couture. It is such a big bottle that it will take me a few more months till it appears in an empties blog post.

Well, that's all my favourites for this month. I hope you enjoyed reading it, let me know in the comments what your favourites have been this month.

Love and hugs 

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER:ALL PRODUCTS DISCUSSED IN THIS POST WERE BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY, AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. ALL PHOTOS BELONG TO MYSELF.

8 comments:

  1. I really want to try the revlon colourstay foundation, I've heard such good things about it.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really lovely. You should definitely check it out. xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! We have similar tastes - I ADORE the LORAC Pro Palette, MAC Rebel, and all things Nivea! Great post. I hope you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog. Thankyou for taking the time to read this post. Im doing good thankyou. Hope you have had a lovely start to the week xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'd love to try out the Bee Strong haircare range, it really sounds lovely - I've seen a few reviews on it. And I love Nivea creme (highly recommended for a rich, creamy moisturiser) so i bet I'll love Nivea soft!x

    Kathryn // effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fabulous shampoo range. You will definitely love Nivea Soft, even if it is just for the pretty packaging xx

      Delete
  4. Ooooh Lorac Pro, when are you coming to visit? So many times I've invited you over, but no luck so far...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I am sure you will get it soon, and when you do Im sure you will fall in love with it, like I have xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...