Thursday, 23 January 2014

January 2014 GlossyBox

January 2014 Glossybox
Hi everyone. This post is going to be about this months Glossybox. I will explain for those who dont know, that Glossybox is a monthly subscription box, and depending on what you write on your profile depends on what goodies you recieve in your box.

Now, if you have been a reader of mine for a while, you will know that I normally love most of the products in the box and so enjoy using all the different products. Unfortunately this month I was not so impressed. I have tried to look over the items I recieved and it just does not WOW me, like most month's boxes do.

As usual it came with the lovely Glossybox magazine which I always read and includes different articles and interviews.
Then inside, there was a pretty pair of tweezers, which yes I like for the cuteness of them, but I already own 4 pairs, and so to me I wouldn't have a need for another pair, but I have placed them in my make up bag in case I lose the other pairs, As you know sometimes tweezers, and bobby pins, and hair bobbles always go walkies and you can never find them where you left them.
They look like something Cath Kidston would make for her range and so they do make a pretty accessory to any dressing table I should imagine.

Next out of the box was a Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. Its 50mls in size, so it would work perfectly for anyone travelling, as its just small enough to take in a travel make up bag.The description says that it is packed full of skin boosting, smoothing and toning, juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils. It does smell very fresh and I like the fact that it has a lot of natural and herbal ingredients.
Then came two really disappointing products. They were tubes of moisturiser but they were exactly the same!!! I mean come on, I wouldn't have minded one and a different product maybe from the same brand but why just throw 2 of the same thing in the box. Its as if the makers of the box, just couldn't think of another product, so just gave me another one.
I'm trying to think of a positive thing to say about this, but maybe that will come when I have used them and they may turn out to be the wonder cream that I have been searching for all my life, but the sceptic in me doubts it. But I will try them and let you know.

Now a product I was pleased to see in there was a tube of Vaseline Essential moisture lotion and it contains pure oat extract which is extremely nourishing for the skin.
Again this another product which would be perfect for anyone travelling as it is 50mls in size. I highly recommend Vaseline for anyone looking for good body lotions as I have used them in the past, and they are extremely moisturising for the skin and do not ever leave you feeling greasy and make you have to wait 15 minutes before you can get dressed. I think this was my favourite product in the box.

Last of all was a packet of eye patches.
Now to be truthful I don't really suffer from eye bags so much as dark circles as I don't sleep very well, and my ill health means that my eyes always look dark and sallow. But I have never tried any eye patches before and so I will be interested in how they work and if they do make my eyes look a little more refreshed and awake. I think a blog post on how these work will definitely be in order.

So, what do you think? Do you think this was a good selection of items? Do you have this box and what did you think of the items in there. Let me know in the comments below.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER: I PURCHASED THIS GLOSSYBOX WITH MY OWN MONEY AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. ALL PHOTOS BELONG TO MYSELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...