Friday, 31 January 2014

Product Fail :Avon Mega Effects Mascara

Product Fail: Avon Mega Effects Mascara
Hello to all my lovely readers and followers.Now you all should know by now, that because I'm such a beauty lover, any new product that comes on the market, I want to own it, try it and see if it lives up to the hype surrounding it.

I love Avon and nearly all their products, so when this was released I was so intrigued by the shape of the actual mascara brush and wand, it truly does look like a tiny little paintbrush!!, that I knew I had to buy it. The packaging is lovely and sleek looking in its black and red design.It contains 9ml of mascara and I purchased it for £10.

I bought it a while ago, and so I have had it a good time so I can review it thoroughly. And the result I unfortunately have to say, is that it just does not work for me. Although the design of the brush is truly unique, it just does not give the "mega effects" I was looking for. When using the mascara wand, it just does not grip the lashes at all and I have found that in trying to get the bristles to grip the lashes, I have to really try to get as near the base of the lashes as I can and then the mascara just ends up all over the lid, ruining the total look of the eyeshadows.
Doesn't it look just like a paintbrush in its tub of paint?!?

The bristles are facing every which way and they are all different lengths which normally would be great for getting to the tiny lashes at the corners of the eyes, but I just ended up with dots of mascara underneath the bottom lash line after I had blinked a few times and then by dinnertime, I found all the mascara had smudged and flaked and it looked like I had black eyes.

It is such a shame, because it seemed like such a brilliant concept, and I kept trying it over and over again, hoping that once the mascara had had time to dry up a little then it might have been easier to apply and work with but it just didn't. I even applied it over a lash primer seeing if that would help, but nothing worked. The colour was "blackest black" and that really was the case and when it smudged, the smudges were truly "blackest black".

So, that was my review. have any of you tried this mascara? What do you think of it? Please let me know in the comments below.

Love and Hugs

Zoe xxx
DISCLAIMER: i BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT WITH MY OWN MONEY. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN,I OWN ALL PHOTOS.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not having a lot of luck with my last mascaras either, blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Its horrible when you have spent money on a product and it isnt working for you. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...