Sunday, 12 January 2014

Products that just have not worked for me

Products That Just Didn't Work For Me

Hey everyone! As I am a beauty addict, I am continuously going out shopping or buying online and love seeing new products, or products that I have never tried before and purchasing them and seeing what they are like.

Now don't get me wrong I buy them because either a) they look good and sound as if they will be a great addition to my make up collection or b) they have been raved about on Bloglovin or YouTube.

So I am really disappointed when the products just don't live up to the hype. I am going to discuss three products that I have bought over the last few months and I have continually tried to use but they just do not work for me.

1)Elf Stipple Brush
I had bought this a few weeks ago when I had purchased some Elf products off their website. I saw this and wondered whether it would be as good as my Real Techniques Stipple brush (which I love) and if I did it was going to be great as it would save me quite a bit of money as Real Techniques are quite expensive. But, oh my word, the brush just does nothing. The bristles are very soft, too soft in fact for me. And when I went to apply my foundation, there was no pressure, the bristles just stayed splayed out on my face. It didn't blend the foundation, it seemed to just spread it about everywhere but not in a good way. The foundation just streaked and I had to give up and use my Real Techniques brush.

I also tried using it with a cream foundation but the result was exactly the same. Then I thought maybe it would work for my blusher/bronzer but it failed with that as well. For me the bristles just need to be more dense, it doesn't seem as if there are enough of the bristles to the brush.

2) Bare Minerals Eyebrow Pencil
This eyebrow pencil I received in a QVC Todays Special Value kit a while ago. I have always wanted to do something with my eyebrows as I am such a wimp when it comes to plucking them or having them waxed, and don't even get me started about having them threaded. The pain of all three is unbearable and really makes me cry. So I am constantly looking for ways to make them look better and neater. So when I saw this in a kit, I thought I would give them a go, at filling in the gaps and trying to make them look more neat and presentable.

The color of the pencil is Universal Taupe, and so I guessed by the name, that it would be a color that would suit everybody. It is a retractable pencil too which I loved because I thought it is better than needing to sharpen it all the time. But when I came to use it, it puts no color anywhere. I tried it on my brows, tried it on the back of my hand, tried it even on paper, then I ran the nib under some warm water thinking it had dried up. But nothing!!! I mean I appreciate that you don't want it too dark and noticeable but I would have thought some color payoff would be needed.

3) L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer
Now this primer has been raved about on YouTube for months and so went out and bought it, and it was great.It felt silky smooth on the skin and helped my foundation go onto my skin like a dream. But then after a few weeks, it went VERY watery and could barely use it. Then I went to use it Friday morning, and it was disgusting, it was like an oily water shot out and the color and smell was not nice.

I appreciate that I maybe have had it for a couple of months and it might have gone off. But surely it shouldn't have gone off that quickly in such a short amount of time. The reason it hasn't worked out for me, is because it has gone off so quickly, and puts me off spending the money on it when I have other primers that I have had for a little longer and they are still working fine for me.

Please remember that just by me saying these products haven't worked for me, does NOT mean that they wont work for you. Everyone is different and you might have these products and find that they are amazing for you.

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any of these products let me know in the comments how you feel about them.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER:ALL PRODUCTS IN THIS BLOG POST WERE BOUGHT BY MY OWN MONEY AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

4 comments:

  1. I was contemplating whether or not to purchase the Loreal Lumi Magique Primer. I think I need to do more research on it and see if it is worth the money to buy it. Thanks for sharing :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope if you do get it, that it works for you.

      Delete
  2. shame about the products maybe the brush would work for powder rather than foundation? I haven't tried elf before but have heard some good things

    Gemma xx
    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really disappointed, especially the brush, as i had heard great things. But just because they didnt work for me, doesnt mean they wont work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...