Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Some First Impressions

Some First Impressions

Hi everyone. I don't know if it is just me, but when I buy a new product I can normally tell by the first use whether I'm going to like it or hate it.Sometimes Im wrong, because on a couple off occasions I have hated a product, but kept on using it, and it has grown on me to the extent that I really enjoy using them, but most of the time Im correct.

So in this post I thought I would give my first impressions on new products I have tried recently.

First up is the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge
I have used the Beauty Blender for a couple of years now and so when this came on the market I was intrigued as to whether it would be as good. I think the Real Techniques Sponge is a lot better in my opinion, it feels a lot softer material and it has a part cut out so that it is easier to blend foundation in around the corners of the nose and delicate eye area. I also use it for blending in my concealer, and it is perfect for this as it is a lot slimmer in shape than the beauty blender, and so is just perfect for blending in a lot smaller areas. I totally recommend this for the money.

Next up is the Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray.
I know this product has been on the market for a while, and it is constantly being used by gurus on YouTube. But I loved my Mac Fix + Spray, and have been using that religiously, but I noticed this when I was doing a little bit of retail therapy in town the other week, and decided to pick this up and try it to see if it compares. When using this spray it feels definitely cooler when it lands on the skin, and it is a refreshing product if you were using it to cool down if you were feeling a little hot and flustered. BUT, it does not get rid of the oils on my T=Zone. For a product to be called "de slick" I imagined that it would help to keep my skin looking matte and oil free, but it doesn't do that. I will keep on using it to see if it improves but at the moment, I prefer my Mac Fix + spray.

Lastly, is a Mac eye shadow called Green Smoke.
Now in the photos the actual eye shadow and the swatch on my hand look totally different, but I can assure you they are the same product,lol. I had never heard of this eye shadow before I received it for my birthday last year, but it is simply beautiful. It is more like the colour of the actual eye shadow when worn on the eyelids and the glitter and shimmer it gives off is stunning. It really made my brown eyes pop, and I got so many compliments off customers at work, saying how pretty my eye-shadow looked. If you don't like glitter then you will NOT like this eye-shadow, but it really is a gorgeous colour.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you have tried these products yourself and what you think of them.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER : I BOUGHT THESE ITEMS MYSELF APART FROM THE EYE SHADOW WHICH WAS A GIFT FROM MY SISTER. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN, AND ALL PHOTOS ARE MY OWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...