Monday, 24 February 2014

A make up look using all L'Oreal products


Hi to all my followers and readers.

I feel like I'm on a blogging roll today I have that many ideas to share with you.

As you know it can be a total minefield deciding what make up to wear and which products to buy. Well, in this post I wanted to show you how you could create a look using all one brands products. Today, I chose L'Oreal as they are easily accessible to buy at most high street shops and they are very reasonably priced for great quality products.

To prepare the skin for foundation and for helping get a really flawless base it is best to use a primer to help smooth the skins surface and blur any imperfections such as age spots, or acne scarring or black heads. I know it isn't pretty to talk about those type of things, but at the end of the day we all have them and we all have little flaws that is only natural.
This is a great base and helps make the skin feel silky smooth, just like velvet. I love it and you get a great sized tub. I will say this product is pricey at £14.29 compared to other primers, but it is bigger than other primers on the market.

Now for foundation, it just had to be L'Oreal's True Match. It is an amazing long lasting foundation, gives great medium to full coverage and is pretty matte in finish. The shade range is awesome and so I'm positive that you would be able to get one to suit your skin tone.
Apologies for the manky looking bottle. Just shows that it is well loved. You can apply this foundation, with your fingers, a proper foundation brush or a beauty blender sponge. I have used all 3 and they all give a beautiful finish, and so it just shows that this foundation is lovely because it doesn't alter no matter which utensil you use to apply it. I tend to use 2 or 3 pumps as a little goes such a long way. It costs £9.99 for 30 mls of product, which I don't think is too bad for a product of this quality and this will last you a long time.
Now, for me concealer is a must, due to my dark circles under my eyes and the rosacea on my cheeks and around my nose. This Lumi Magique concealer can also be used to give a highlighter effect as well and so it is most definitely a multi use product which I love as it saves you money in the long run, without you having to buy a separate highlighter. You could also use it as an eye base onto which you could apply your eye shadow and it would help to stop the colours from creasing or fading.

Now onto my favourite mascara of the moment, the Miss Manga mascara. Oh this is a brilliant mascara. The thing with me is that I know straight away whether I like a mascara or not, and from the moment I started to apply this mascara I knew I loved it.
It gave my lashes amazing length and really darkened them too, which gave me that false lash effect that I look for in a mascara. I hate it when you apply 2 coats of a mascara and you cant see a blind bit of difference, but this instantly gave me length and volume.

The infallible eye shadows from L'Oreal have long been a favourite of the beauty community. They are pressed pigment shadows and so they are creamy and velvety when you apply your brush to them. They come in a wide range of colours, from neutrals to brights. But they are mainly shimmery and so if you don't like shimmers, you probably wouldn't like them, but I'm sure in their little quads that are often displayed , there might be matte shades for you to choose from there.



Then last up has to be lipstick, you cant do a look without lipstick and the one I chose was a liquid lipstick, so it applies to the lips with a doefoot applicator, just like a lip gloss, but then when it sets, it sets like a lipstick and so it does not wear off as quickly. L'Oreal do a huge range of lipsticks, and glosses, and lip crayons, and lip stains. So, I'm sure that you would find something just perfect for the look that you would want to achieve.

They do bright colours but they also do some pretty nude shades, so there is something for everyone's colour range. I like the girly pinks the most and so that is what I tend to go for when deciding my colours as they tend to suit me more.

Well, that is it for now. I know I haven't covered every single thing in a make up look but I just wanted to highlight some L'Oreal products that I think are lovely and how you can do a basic look with just a few products.

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you would like me to do this type of post with another make up brand, high or low end, just leave me a message in the comments section of this post and I can certainly do that for you.

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...