Friday, 28 February 2014

February 2014 Favourites

Hello everybody. Hope you are all doing well. I thought today I would do a blog post all about my favourite products that I have enjoyed using this month. I have had many favourites this month and so expect a lot of photos. I guess I have just really enjoyed using different things that are in my collection.



It has really been a mixed month foundation wise. I love all 4 of these as they give me the coverage that I like and blend really easily into the skin. As you can see, I buy high street and high end foundations as I like to try different makes and see which I like the best.
Yes, I know surprise, surprise, again I have been using this all month. I absolutely love this primer, its a flesh coloured primer but then once it is blended into the skin it goes completely clear, but it leaves the skin feeling really silky and helps to get the foundation to blend easier into the skin.

I have finally given into the hype and bought the much loved the Mac Prolongwear concealer and I love it, but I totally agree what I have heard others say about the pump dispensing too much product, and so you have to be really gentle when pressing the pump. The Maybelline Age Rewind is my holy grail concealer and I will continue to use this concealer for a long time to come.

Nyx butter glosses I had heard all about on YouTube, and so I searched on Ebay and found one in the colour Apple Strudel,. It is a truly beautiful product, it is a peach/coral colour and doesn't feel sticky on the lips which is important to me for a lip product.
I love, love the Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick. It is such a shimmery red colour and is not as drying as some of the other Mac lipsticks that are out there.


Eye primer wise, I have stuck to two. Soft Ochre which is a Mac paint pot is a great base for eye shadows, it has a slight yellow tone to it, and so it cancels out any redness or veining that you may have on your eyelids. But I have found a fabulous Elf eyelid primer that is so cheap, I think it cost me a £1, and is a great dupe if you don't want to pay out the quite high prices for the Urban Decay primer potion or the Mac paint pots.

At the moment I am using the newer Max factor Excess Volume mascara and I love it, there is one end that volumises the lashes, and then the second end that is the actual black pigment that helps to darken the lashes and make the lashes look fuller. I found the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara at the back of one of my drawers and it is a really good mascara, and really help to give you the false lash effect to your eyelashes, that I love.


Again, I'm sure that you are all getting bored with me putting Hoola Bronzer into my monthly favourites but it is a great product and really contours your cheeks without making the colour looking too muddy or orangey. Another bronzer that has appeared regularly is the Nars Laguna, it is a little darker than the Hoola, but it still makes the face appear more sculpted and contoured.I have also enjoyed just putting a little luminosity, into my make up by putting a little shimmer on the top of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and highlighting the cupid's bow. You do have to be very light handed with this product though as it is extremely glittery and can make you look like you have dipped your face into a pot of glitter.
My perfume has been Gucci Guilty. I have recently rediscovered this and it is a stunning fragrance, sweet but not offensive in any way. This bottle is 100mls and so it will last me a good while yet.

I hope you enjoyed this favourites post and let me know in the comments if you have any of the same favourites as me, or tell me what your favourites for February have been.

Love and hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...