Thursday, 20 February 2014

February 2014 Glossybox

Hi to all my lovely readers and followers I hope you are all well and having a good week so far. Yesterday was a mixed day for me. I took Daniel into town to see The Lego Movie and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. The special effects were amazing in it, and the storyline was lovely.

Right now onto the post, I do get carried away don't I? I just like to tell you how my days have been so that you get to know more of the real me and my life. Now, if you have been following me since last month you will know that I was seriously disappointed in the January's Glossybox. There seemed to have been no thought put into what went into the box and they just threw any products in there just to get rid of them.

Now this month's box couldn't have been more different, I mean look at the box, it's beautifully designed and great for Valentines day. I love boxes like this because once they are empty you can use them as storage boxes and they look so pretty on a vanity or chest of drawers.

As normal, when you first open the box there was the obligatory little booklet, that has an article on blusher, some product reviews and ask the professionals pages. I also got a card with a competition on to win a trip worth £1,000 and a product description card.
Then, once I had opened the tissue paper, the first thing I reached for was a Sparkling Body Shimmer by the brand Nougat London
I have never heard of this brand before but I'm looking forward to trying this and see whether it does give the skin a beautiful gleam like its supposed to. It contains mallow extract, Vitamin E and wheatgerm to help soften the skin. The smell is very sweet and it is a very runny consistency so will have to be extra vigilant in how I apply it as I don't want it spilling over my brand new bedroom carpet. You get 100ml of product and so it should last me quite a long time.

Next up was a product that I was so excited to see. I had seen these in the shop for a while and I was definitely going to purchase one eventually because I love my black liners for doing my waterline, the product was the Maybelline New York Master Kajal liner
When swatched (sorry forgot to take a photo) the pigmentation is fantastic and so I cant wait to add this to my collection and begin trying it out properly. It is very creamy when applying and so wont tug at the delicate lash line like some kohl liners have a tendency to do.

So far, I was so impressed and had forgiven Glossybox for last month. I love it when they send you things that you know you will use and love. The third thing out of the box was a Toni & Guy Meet Wardrobe Stick It Up Gum

To be fair, I wont be able to use this because I don't style my hair in a way that would use this, so this was maybe the dud product in the box, but hopefully I can find someone who would use it and then I dont have to waste the product by throwing it away in the bin. But its good to see some well known and fabulous brand names being included in the Glossybox.

Oh my word, a full size Ciate nail polish came out next and what with me having bought the Ciate Advent calender last year I was seriously worried that I would already have this colour, but I checked and it isn't a colour that I own so I was thrilled to receive this and it is such a perfect colour for those summer months and would look beautiful worn on the toes when wearing sandals or peep toe heels. The colour is called Red hot Chilli

A lip gloss came next and I had never seen a lip gloss quite like this before, twists of gold, peach and bronze run throughout the gloss and so it is very unique and adds an extra dimension to my lip gloss collection.The range of the lip glosses is called Cocktail Kiss and each different flavour of the glosses is inspired by different cocktails and so each gloss has its own unique flavour. It is from the brand Miners, which I had heard of but I don't own anything from them, so was excited to receive this. It hasn't got the most attractive name in the whole world "Mudslide"!!!!!! This one tastes very chocolatey. But it glides onto the lips and gives them a beautiful golden sheen, so impressed with the product so far.

Then last but not least Glossybox had added an extra treat, CHOCOLATE, and Lindt chocolate at that. Now I'm not keen on Lindt chocolate, but lets just say my partner enjoyed it thoroughly.
So, that was February's Glossy box. I loved this months box and I look forward to seeing what March's will bring. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you are subscribed to Glossy box and what you think of the products overall.

Love and hugs

2 comments:

  1. ooo Lovely Post on your glossybox! I got a couple similar products :D will probably put mine up next week :) <3 xx

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I will look out for your review on it xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...