Friday, 21 February 2014

My Current Foundation Routine

Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. If you have been reading me for a while you will know that I have a lot of foundations and concealers and primers, and it's a situation that I'm trying to remedy (i.e use some of them up before they expire. But I love to have a lot of choice of a morning when I'm getting ready for the day ahead and so I never used to wear the same foundation more than 3 times in a row, before switching to something new.

Well, things have changed and recently I have really found a combination that work together beautifully giving me the full matte coverage that I love to wear. I know a lot of people wont like the amount of coverage, but I have a lot of acne scarring and rosacea on my cheeks and I hate to have any of that showing. So, today I thought I would write down my whole routine, and show you how I apply my "mask".

To begin with I use a moisturiser to wake the skin up. I do have oily skin, but just because you oily skin does not mean you don't need to moisturise. Your skin always needs moisture to retain its suppleness and stop/slow down the aging process.
I am currently trying to finish up this Clean and Clear one, it is a lovely moisturiser, sinks into the skin really effortlessly and does not leave you feeling greasy at all. This one is good too because it fights against any acne or breakouts that may be trying to arrive. I leave my face just for a little while so that the moisturiser has time to do its job before then applying my primer.
Now, you all know that I ADORE this primer. It is by Benefit and it is very pricey at £23.00 a tube BUT you only need a very small amount, I just dispense a tiny pea sized blob on the back of my hand and then just gently place a spot of it on my forehead, down my nose, across my cheeks where I have my redness and then across my chin. I then blend with my fingertips and the primer just gives your skin such a beautiful finish and the pores are definitely reduced. It is a beige colour in the tube but as soon as it touches the skin, you cannot see it all and gives my face a smooth base for the foundation to then be applied on top of.
The foundation I am currently using is the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation. It is just amazing. I only need 2 pumps of this and it is a very thick consistency and so you have to work quite quickly to make sure you blend it before it sets. I use my Sigma F80 brush and just move the brush in small circular motions and really concentrate on my hairline and around the jawline, making sure there are no harsh, visible lines and sweep a little of it down my neck so that everything matches nicely.

Next is concealer, and lately I have really been copying the "Kim Kardashian" way of concealing, which is to draw a big triangle underneath each eye, putting a sweep of it down the centre of my nose, a tiny blob on the cupids bow and a little on the chin. Then, taking my beauty blender
I just gently just pat the concealer into the skin. Taking a lot of care around the gentle, delicate eye area, and just making sure that my dark circles are hidden as much as they can be. Then once the eyes are concealed, I pat the concealer, down the nose, the cupids bow and finishing up on the chin. I do tend to use a lot of concealer as my dark circles can be quite bad on some days.

Then the last stage of the foundation process is to apply my setting powder to ensure that the make up stays in place.
When I'm at home I normally use a big Kabuki brush to apply the powder, but when I'm at work I carry a small powder puff with me just in case I have to add more powder to my T zone which tends to get oily during the day.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you use the same products as me, or which ones are your faves to use at the moment.

Love and hugs

2 comments:

  1. great post, I'm always interested in other peoples routines. I love that benefit primer as well! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. That primer is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...