Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Sleek i-Divine Garden Of Eden Palette

Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. I hope you are all well.

I have always been a fan of Sleek products and their eye shadow palettes have always had a major wow factor with me. They have an amazing range of colours and they are so pigmented that they will last for ages, as long as you use a base underneath to prevent them from creasing if you find you have trouble trying to make your eye shadows last.

Two or three years ago, I bought many of their palettes and the Storm palette which features some browns, greys and navy shadows is one of my favourites to use on a day to day basis and also their Au Naturel palette I used a lot too, as I do like a good natural eye look.

When I saw that Sleek was releasing a new palette I knew that I had to have it, and don;t you just love the snakeskin packaging, I know I do, really caught my eye when I saw it on the stand.
Lot's of gorgeous browns and plums and greens in this palette, and I know I will get lots of use out most of the shadows in this palette as they are great to use to make a natural smoky eyed look. It also comes with the dual foam tipped applicator which I don't tend to use that much but they are great to use if you want to do some precise crease work, and always useful to keep in your kit.

It is amazing how swatching shadows can really change your mind about certain colours, because at first glance at the light green colours I wasn't sure whether I would be able to make them work, but wow they are beautiful.
Top row of the palette
Bottom row of the palette

The last three green shades are really pigmented and the brown shades are great too. The purples might require a few applications to get up to the level of colour that I'd want but that isn't a problem. The shadows are very buttery and smooth, but they apply lovely with a little fallout but that is easily remedied by just gently tapping any excess off your brush before applying.

The only downside to the Sleek palettes is that i wish that they would put the actual colour names on the actual palette rather than the shiny piece of plastic that is slotted at the top of the palette to protect the shadows from being damaged whilst in store. Speaking for myself I easily lose that piece of plastic and then I can never quote the shade name when I'm trying to recreate a look.

I paid £7.99 at Superdrug for this palette and considering you get 12 shadows for roughly £8.00 that is a true bargain and they are so worth that money. I totally recommend Sleek and especially their amazing eye-shadow palettes.

Do you own any Sleek products? Let me know in the comments what you own and what you think of them.

Love and hugs

3 comments:

  1. I love this palette and many of the others from Sleek, but they don't carry them in Canada. Thanks for sharing your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame. I hate it when companies only release in America and then we have to wait ages in the UK.They should release all their products at the same time and in every country, not just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sleek products and they all have such great pigmentation! I love wearing coloured eye shadows so this palette would be right up my ally. I haven't actually swatches the palette in person yet but all of the swatches I have seen from other bloggers look gorgeous! Can't wait to try them out.

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...