Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Tanya Burr's Lipgloss and Nail Polish Collection.

Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. Hope you have all had a lovely day. Today I went for a lovely meal with Daniel, my mom and nan and it was really nice to spend some time with them.

Onto today's post. If you watch YouTube make up videos, you will no doubt have heard of the lovely lady named Tanya Burr. She is amazing at making videos and has now launched her own lip gloss and nail polish collection. I ordered mine from Feel Unique, and now Superdrug carry the line too.

As soon as I knew that they had launched, I got straight onto the Feel Unique website and began to choose the colours I wanted. I will say that all the colours are beautiful, ranging from nudes to bright pinks for the lip glosses, and the nail polishes come in very dark Vampy colours to baby doll pinks.There were that many choices that I just didn't know what to choose. So in the end I went with New York Nights for the nail polish (as New York is my favourite place in the world) and Exotic Island for the lip gloss.

First, let's talk about the nail polish. You get 12 mls of product and I think the design of the packaging is fashionable yet simple and would look beautiful wherever you chose to display it. It is a very dark purple, almost black in colour, but the consistency is beautiful, very easy to apply and is opaque in one stroke and so if it's speed of application you are after then these nail polishes are perfect.

In the picture it looks black, but in the sunlight it shows flashes of purple, which is stunning. The brush is quite a thin brush but the polish goes on very smoothly with no streaks at all.

The only negative I have found with this polish is the VERY strong smell. It smells very strongly of nail polish remover, or a chemical just like that, and I know it must be bad because my partner commented how strong the smell was, and he doesn't normally say anything when I paint my nails when he is around.

The lip gloss I chose is a hot pink and the tube contains 8 mls of product. Upon swatching the gloss, I was really worried because it felt very sticky and gloopy and was even hard to get a decent swatch to photograph.

It comes with a sponge tip applicator and when applied to the lips is really smooth and creamy to apply and does not feel sticky or gloopy like I was worried about. The colour is very pigmented and looks beautiful on the lips. I love this lip gloss and highly recommend them. I will definitely be buying more colours.

From both Superdrug and Feel Unique, the nail polishes retail for £5.99 and the lip glosses are £6.99 which i think are fantastic value when you consider the prices of some of the brands available.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the lip glosses, and its a maybe the nail polishes only due to the smell, as that would put me off purchasing any until I could see whether all the polishes smell the same or whether I just had a strange bottle.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this review and let me know in the comments if you have purchased either of these products and what your thoughts on them are.

Love and Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Wow, the prices are great and they look like really nice products! I think a trip to Superdrug is on the cards this weekend :)

    Cathy x
    http://whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since posting this, I have heard that they are just on Superdrugs website, so not sure what is going on, but I hope you find them.

      Delete
  2. Shame about the smell of the nail polishes, although the lip glosses smell good!

    Sharlotte //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame, I think I will get one more just to see if I recieved a bad one. The lipgloss is lovely and its a very flattering colour too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is! I cant wait to wear it. It might be the colour I put on tonight I think xx

      Delete
  4. The lip gloss looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty colour. Perfect for summer.

      Delete
  5. I heard a lot of about this collection I really want to try :)

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...