Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Urban Decay's New Products

Urban Decay's New Products
Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you will know I love Urban Decay and have been a fan of theirs for a good 10 years. I love their eye shadow palettes (well, lets face it who doesn't), their lipsticks, their foundations, you name it I love it. When the new Naked 3 came out, I got it on the day it was launched in the UK to make sure I could add it to my collection.

So when I saw all the new UD products that had been launched over in the US, I waited with baited breath for the day when it would be released over here. I watched every video and read every blog post that featured the new Naked Skin loose powder, the new range of Naked lip glosses and the new Naked Beauty Balms (BB Creams).

I was so excited when last Saturday arrived and |I got up super early and headed on the first bus I could into the city centre to Debenhams and my Urban Decay counter. I was very surprised as I had been expecting queues but there was no customers in that part of the store. An assistant came over and I asked her if I could have the Naked powder in light, the new lip glosses in Walk Of Shame and Lovechild.

She seemed a little took back that I knew exactly the shades I wanted, and asked me how I knew without looking at the exact stand, and I just said that I had seen them on YouTube, she seemed very confused. There was plenty of stock of everything which again shocked me as I thought that there would have been a lot demand for them.

Then a problem hit. I couldn't get hold of the Beauty Balm because she said that it hadn't been released yet. I was so disappointed as I was so looking forward to having each one of the new products, but never mind, I will just have to keep trying and keep checking at the counter.

The new products are just beautiful. The packaging is all shiny and sleek and really modern and contemporary looking.

The powder is so light and gentle on the skin and does not look cakey in any way. I applied mine with both a small kabuki brush and have also tried with just a normal sponge applicator and both times it just gives the face a smooth flawless looking quality.

This is the lip gloss in Walk of Shame. It applies with a doe foot applicator, and just glides on to the lips not feeling sticky or tacky in any way. I hate that feeling. It is a peachy coral colour and just gives a beautiful sheen to my lips.
This colour is a very natural colour and just tends to enhance your natural lip colour.
Now this colour is the lip gloss in Love child. It is stunningly beautiful in my kind of favourite bluey based pink. Out of the two shades I picked this one is my favourite. I love the applicators on these glosses as they just deliver the most perfect amount of gloss with each swipe on the lips. Normally with cheaper glosses I have found that you try to apply them and they just sit all in one lump in the middle of your lips and you spend the rest of the time trying to spread it out and create an even layer.
Isn't it such a pretty shade of pink?

Now to the important parts. The cost. The lip glosses are £14.00 and there are 9 shades in the collection.
The powder is £ 22.00 and there are 5 shades to choose from. I know there are cheaper brands on the market. But for me it's Urban Decay and as long as they are producing make up I will continue to buy. I can trust on their quality of product and their value for money.

So, my task now is to hunt down those Beauty Balms.

I really hope you enjoyed reading about these new products from Urban Decay, and let me know if you like the brand and which products are your favourites.

Love and hugs

Zoe xxx

DISCLAIMER:ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG WERE PURCHASED WITH MY OWN MONEY AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. ALL PHOTOS ARE MINE.

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for taking the time to read it. They are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great - I think Urban Decay is slightly on the pricey side but the products all last ages so I think it's worth it :)

    Love Zoe x
    Face Value Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is but I love all of Urban Decay products, so I'm willing to pay the price for products I know are good and last ages, so I feel like I'm getting good value for money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...