Saturday, 1 March 2014

Bloggers Challenge 2014 #5 Nails

Hello to all my lovely readers and followers.Hope you are having a lovely Saturday. Today I went to see my sister who isn't very well at the moment, and so took her a nice magazine to read (that came with a free lip gloss, who doesn't love a free lip gloss?!?) and a bunch of pretty flowers. Then have spent the rest of the day reading blogs, and I watched Frozen, what a brilliant film. So a really good day so far.

Now, onto the post. The bloggers challenge 2014 is where we are set a topic to write about, Gaby from AnotherGirlyBlog sets the posts, and we have a new post to write about every 2 weeks. This fortnight its all about nails. It is a wide ranging post so I just thought I would talk for a little bit about every little aspect of nail care.

I think nails are often overlooked when we are trying to look after ourselves. Your nails can really reveal a lot about how we are feeling on the inside and so when your nails are splitting and breaking, it may be a sign that you need to eat more fruits and vegetables, and to eat more calcium (milk, cheese) to try and strengthen them.

I'm a culprit too of not looking after my nails enough. I get very split nails and I don't look after my cuticles at all and so I'm making a valiant effort to try and improve them.
Vitamin E is so good for your nails, as it softens your cuticles and makes it easier to remove them. If you don't want to buy creams to rub into your nails, then you can buy vitamins from chemists and health food stores that target your hair, skin and nails and this will help to improve the look of all three areas.

The one thing I love to do is to paint my nails, I paint them at least 3 times a week if not more and so inevitably I have a very big nail polish collection. I wear both nudes, bright's and darks no matter what time of the year. I just grab which bottle ever takes my fancy that day.


Both high street and high end polishes I have found make some fabulous quality polishes and so it isn't just the designer brands that make the best colours and consistencies of polish. Nowadays it isn't just colours that vary, brands have now come out with a whole new range of textured polishes, you can get,glitter,moon dust, leather effect, sand effect, gel effect, high shine and satin effect. So there is definitely a style and colour out there for everyone's needs.

Before you apply a particularly bright or dark coloured polish, it is always recommended to use a base coat before applying any of the colour as sometimes the pigment can stain the nail bed yellow which you will discover upon removing the nail polish. Once the nail polish has dried, it is important to apply some sort of top coat, as this will help prevent any chipping too quickly and give the nails a hi shine.

If you are like me, and very busy most of the time, you will want your nail polish to dry fast so that you can get on with the rest of your day, and not have to wait for 30 minutes for the colour to set and risk smudging ( I hate that), then I use a quick dry spray and I love this particular one.
The Elegant Touch rapid dry nail spray is fantastic and really leaves your nails touch dry within 5 minutes after spraying. I would not be without this spray in my collection.


There are 2 different ways to get rid of your old nail polish, you can either use nail polish remover which you just dispense onto a cotton wool pad, and then wipe over the nail to wipe off the polish, or you can buy nail polish pads which come already pre soaked in a nail polish solution and you just wipe each pad over the nail once again.

I find sometimes that working in a manual job, that my nails often get torn and are left with jagged edges and so to get rid of these and to ensure a smooth neat edge to your nail, you can just gently file the edges to ensure they don't catch on your clothes and make the actual nail rim to feel smooth.
As you can see you can get some really pretty ones that will just add a nice girly touch if you are keeping them in your make up bag.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments how you care for your nails.

Love and hugs

6 comments:

  1. I love frozen! I am also a nail polish addict too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant film, I have way too many polishes but whats a blogger to do lol xx

      Delete
  2. Love the nail colors you picked!

    Cathy // helllo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from seeing frozen! It really is good! and the nail varnishes look so nice x
    http://loudoesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou. I loved Frozen, and I love having a variety of different colours in my nail polish collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...