Saturday, 15 March 2014

Catastrophe Face Mask


Hello friends, how are you all? Sorry for the lack of a post last night but I'm having a few issues with my stomach at the moment, and so had a lot of nausea last night so wasn't up to writing, but I am feeling lots better this morning, thank goodness. I have worked out that since the doctors have put me on this new medication, it is affecting how much I can eat.  A normal sized dinner my body just cannot cope with any more and so decided today to start eating tiny amounts often and we will have to see how my stomach copes with that.

Anyhow, on with today's post. If you have been a reader of my blog for a while you will know that last Saturday I was thrilled to take part in the Birmingham Bloggers Meet 14, and as part of the day, we went to Lush and some of the girls were able to help make a Lush face mask, called Catastrophe.  It was so interesting to see how it was made, and to see that it was all fresh ingredients used in their products and that is why they put use by dates on their packaging so that the fresh ingredients don't go bad before you can use them. As we were leaving the sales assistants all gave each of us a little black tub with a sample of the face mask that the girls had helped to make.

Last night before I started feeling poorly, I decided I wanted to try out the face mask that we were given. As soon as I removed the lid, I was hit with the delicious scent of the blueberries. Compared to the other face masks I have used in the past, this was a very dry formula and took a bit of getting used to it as it was quite thick and clumpy to apply. It was cool to the touch and instantly made the face feel refreshed when I was applying it. I was expecting it to be blue in colour but when I looked in the mirror, it looked quite mint green in shade. It was easy to see the little bits of blueberries in the mixture.
I left it on for 20 or so minutes, and lay on the bed to watch the rest of "Jewel Of The Nile", I love that film starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny De Vito. As I would say it's an oldie but a goodie.

The mask soon started to dry and I knew when it was time to wash it off as little parts of the mask began to fall off, so I quickly went and had a shower and washed the mixture all away. To be honest, I wouldn't say my skin felt any softer or different in feel, but it definitely looked brighter, and more healthy.

Overall, I would recommend the Catastrophe Face Mask, and Lush in general, as their products are amazing, and the staff are so very helpful. I will definitely be looking into purchasing more from their face mask range as the Catastrophe mask was the first mask from Lush I had tried, I normally just stick to face masks that I buy from Superdrug, but I will be venturing out of my comfort zone face mask wise in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments any face masks that you have tried and recommend for me to try.

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. just a quick tip, best not to let the face mask completely dry on your face. Lovely post though :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know quite how long to leave it for as it was quite a dry formula anyway. I have some left so might have to not wait as long next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lush face masks are personally my favourite! Lush as a brand i love, omg your so lucky to go and see how theyr made! Nice blog, glad i came across it!

    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be trying more of them out. Lush is brilliant, I love nearly all their products.

    Thankyou for reading and commenting. I'm glad you like my blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...