Friday, 7 March 2014

Perfect Nude Lip

Hi to all my lovely readers and followers. Are you glad it's the weekend? I know I am. I get to go on my very first Bloggers meet up tomorrow in Birmingham city centre. I just cannot wait to go and surround myself with other people who are obsessed with make up and beauty stuff just like me.

Onto today's post. Im a girl who loves to wear all sorts of bright colours on my lips, pinks, reds, purples and so today for a change, I thought it might be nice to talk about the products I would use if I was to wear a neutral nude lip. Because sometimes not every occasion is suitable for a bright coloured make up look.

One of the things that is important when trying to wear a nude lip, is to make sure that the main lip colour is not too nude, because sometimes it can look like you have just put concealer all over your lips, and make you look like a walking corpse,so you need to take on board, the actual pigmentation of your own lips and check that the lipstick is not too light and that it will compliment your skin tone.

The first thing that I think is essential when going to wear a nude lip is to ensure that your lips are silky smooth as a nude colour can show every wrinkle and dry patch and so it is important to exfoliate your lips using some sort of lip scrub, such as Lush's lip scrub.
Then once your lips are smooth, then you can go onto outlining them with a lip pencil. I have used Mac's Spice lip liner in the past and it has worked really well, but there are many brands that have great nude lip liners, Dior and Rimmel have some amazing ones.

You could also, as well as just lining the outer lip, you could always colour the rest of the lips in with it too, to give you a nude base to put the main lip colour on top of.

I have a few nude lipsticks that I love, but my favourite at the moment is Mac's Peach Blossom


Then if you want to, to complete the look you can opt to add a light or clear coloured gloss over the top to give the look a little shine.

If you wear nude lips all the time, let me know in the comments section what products you use to achieve the look. I hope you enjoyed this post.

Love and hugs.

2 comments:

  1. I have that lush lip scrub! I also love Peach Blossom Mac Lipstick <3
    http://loudoesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...