Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Pretty Polished Tag

Hi to all my lovely readers and subscribers. I hope you are all having a lovely Pancake Day. I know I have, I've eaten 3 all dripping with lemon and sugar. Mmmm, delicious.

Onto today's post. I saw this tag all about nail polishes, going around the Blogosphere and I thought it would be fun to do, so if you feel like doing this tag, feel free, I tag you all to do it too.

1) When it comes to colours  are you conservative/ a hot mama?
Well, I'm a bit of both. I like both pastel nude shades and bright shades too. I tend to just wear whatever colour catches my eye whether it is in season or not.

2)Are you a drugstore junkie or a high end diva?
Regarding polishes I'm definitely a drugstore junkie as you can really get some fabulous polishes for really as cheap as £2.99 like the Barry M ones, and they have a fabulous range of colours and finishes.

3) What's your all time favourite polish to date?
It would have to be Essie's "For The Twill Of It" as it just flashes so many different colours when it hits certain lights, it can be taupe, then green, and purple, it just is a very unique colour and I don't have anything else like it in my collection.

4)What's the most you have ever paid for a nail polish and the least?
The least would have to be £1.99 for a Natural Collection polish from Boots, it was a beautiful lilac shade, very pretty. And the most, would be a Chanel polish called "Black Satin" I bought off Ebay for £18.99.I only bought that because it was the polish that Victoria Beckham was supposed to have been loving at the time.

5)Would you consider yourself a pro polisher or just an amateur?
Definitely just an amateur. I am totally rubbish at nail art, and with my nerves half the time the polish ends up on the skin around my nail as well as on the nail base itself. So no definitely an amateur.I wish I was good at nail art as some of the designs I see floating around on the internet are fabulous, but there is just no way on this Earth I could recreate anything like that.

6)What is your biggest polish pet peeve?
It would have to be polishes smudging when you have just applied them. That's why I always apply a quick drying spray, so that there is less risk of the dreaded smudging occurring, and I can just carry on with the tasks that I need to get done.

7)What is more important top coat or base coat?
For me, top coat definitely. I know I shouldn't say this but I hardly ever wear base coat because if a polish does stain my nails yellow then I just add another bright colour over the top and so you wont see it. I like a top coat because it gives the nails a beautiful shine and sometimes they will help with stopping your nails from chipping quite so easily.

Well, that's it for today's post.I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to do the tag on your blog too.

Love and hugs



2 comments:

  1. I think this tag is something I have to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, you should do this post and then let me know so I can read it xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...