Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Blogger 2014 Challenge : Spring OOTD

Today's challenge post was set by the lovely Gaby from AnotherGirlyBlog, and it is one where we had to come up with an outfit for a Spring Inspired OOTD. As many of you will know, I'm a little more reluctant to do these types of posts as I'm not very confident in front of the camera, but if it is for the sake of my blog, I will go for it and do the best I can.

For me, spring colours that inspire me are all the pastel shades, the mints, peaches, lilacs, lemons, and any floral prints are in my book "springlike". So that was the colour theme I went with.
The mint green hoodie and mint vest I purchased from Ebay. You can get some really good key staple pieces for your wardrobe off there.They were really cheap as well. I think the vest top was £3.99 and the hoodie which is made from really thick warm material was £9.99.

I decided for my bottom half I wanted to go for a lighter coloured pair of jeggings which I purchased from New Look for about £12.99
I found the scarf in Store 21 which was a total bargain at £1.99 and looks totally springlike with the beautiful flowers decorated on it.
I think it really helped liven up quite a plain look too. Now the shoes, I ADORE. They are the most comfiest shoes ever and they were from Store 21 too and were less than £10, so pretty and feminine.
Now, when it comes to my handbags Im a traditionalist, and normally go for quite plain boring bags, in black or nude, but when I saw this bag I just knew it would be perfect for my springtime OOTD post. It was from New Look too.
Last but not least was some little pieces of jewellery that I found whilst browsing the shelves and racks of New Look.I'm not normally a jewellery girl as the last jewellery I ever wore was my engagement, wedding and eternity rings (and we all know what happened there) but I saw these and thought they were so cute and delicate and feminine that they had to be included.
Well, that is my Spring OOTD post, I hope you all enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments if Spring inspires you to wear things and colours that you wouldn't normally.

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty outfit! I love how all the colours go together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit! Love the scarf and handbag. I'm really an accessory person too, and I must say that pale pink bracelet - fabbity fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou, I love the scarf, and the bracelet is beautiful, as soon as I saw it I knew I just had to have it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...