Monday, 7 April 2014

Bloggers Do It Better Challenge No 1 #Spring

This is the first post of the Bloggers Do It Better Challenge and the theme is Spring. I was a little stuck for ideas for this but then I just thought about doing a whole spring make up look. Spring is all about pastel shades, mint, lemon, pink peach, lilac and baby blue. I love these shades and so a pretty delicate make up look is so easy to do and to wear.

First of course would be a good primer to provide a nice firm base for your foundation to glide on top of. My primer of choice would be the Benefit The Porefessional Primer.


The foundation I would wear is the Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse foundation, it gives a beautiful lightweight feel but gives really good coverage for those oily/combination skinned gals like me.
Then, a must have for me, because of the dark circles that I suffer with on a daily basis is a high coverage concealer. The one I love more than any other at the moment is the Maybelline Age Rewind. I have had this bottle for ages, and is still going strong. It really does cancel out the darkness and does not settle into the fine lines and wrinkles that I have because of me, well lets just say, being more mature in years.
The powder that I use to set all of my face make up would be my Rimmel Stay Matte, it is a fabulous product whether you use it with a make up sponge or use a kabuki brush to apply, the finished look is always beautiful.
Now, onto the spring part of the eye look. I always use a base to apply my eye shadow on top of, so that the colours stay bright and there is no creasing or fading. You could always apply a little bit of your concealer again for this, or I love to use the Elf eyelid primer as it is fantastic at keeping the shadows in place and is ridiculously cheap to purchase.
The palette and shadows I have chosen for this look would be Sleek's newest Garden of Eden palette as it has some beautiful green shadows that look so perfect for a springtime look.

Adam's apple and Evergreen are perfect for the eyelid shade and then I would use Forbidden in the crease. The only downside to this palette is that there is no highlight shade but just use any matte cream/white shade  below your brow bone and you are good to go.

For eyeliner, I would use a brown shade so that it looks more natural and isnt as harsh as a black. Then for mascara, I would use a natural looking mascara, one perfect for this is the No7 Lovely Lashes. This was only released approximately 2 months ago but it is a really nice, natural mascara, and perfect for this look.
Blush that I would choose is a nice coral or a blue toned pink, an excellent choice would be the Clinique cheek pops which just sum up spring
Just look at that colour, and will make any make up look pop.

Lastly for lips, a nice pastel pink would be perfect and so Mac's Candy yum Yum would give your lips that spring time look.
Spring is such a lovely time of year and its nice to put our berry shades and smoky shades of make up away, and bring the pastels and brights out to play.

I really hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments if you will be wearing any of these products this spring.

Love and Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. I just picked up my first mac lipstick and I'm now in love with them. Candy Yum Yum is just a pretty color, its definitely on my list. I also love the clinque blush another item on my list.

    xo Franchesca | City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac lipsticks are addictive, once you have one you want another and another. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! It would've been awesome to see it on you at the end, so we know what the look ends out as. But it was still good as it is ^.^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/how-to-write-poem.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...