Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Book Review No 2 :The Book Thief

Hi everybody, Happy St George's Day to all my blog readers who are from the UK. Today I thought I would review another book that I finished reading yesterday and that has just been such an incredible read that I just had to feature it on my blog.

The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak is a humbling read from beginning to end. It is set in  the beginnings of World War 2 and follows the journey of a young girl called Liesel Meminger, who is shipped out to a foster family and follows her through many traumatic happenings through the war , and along the way meets a Jew who helps her to discover the power of words, and describes her strong and emotional attachment to her foster father.

The author describes everything in such detail and you really feel as if you are part of the story and you are rooting for all the different characters whether they be good or bad.

I really enjoyed this book as I found it really explained to me the reasoning behind the burning of the books that had happened in the war, and it helped me to understand the beginnings of the war and why the Germans sided with Hitler the way they did.

Words can be used as weapons as well as bombs and bullets and I found this such a powerful message running the whole way through.I also found this book really was a rollercoaster of emotions and it was a true journey that you embark on from the beginning of Chapter 1 to the end of the book. It captivated me in a way that I really did not want to stop reading.

It is truly an amazing and informative book that I highly recommend that everyone reads at least once in their lifetime. This book has really affected me in a positive way and I will definitely rate this in my top 20 books of all time.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you have read this book and what you thought of it.

Till next time, love and hugs


2 comments:

  1. This is actually what I am reading right now so of course, I pounced on this review! I am loving it, especially how they twist words. Instead of a white cloud it's a cloud that stretches across the sky like a rope and the sun is burning a whole in the sky... so many beautiful twists of words. Such a beautiful story. Only 150 pages left and loving it. Are you looking forwards to the movie?

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/the-recruit-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know they were making a movie about it. I will definitely be going to see that xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...