Thursday, 10 April 2014

Bourjois Colour Boost Lipstick Review

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a lovely day. Today I thought I would talk to you about two lip products that I picked up a few weeks ago and have been trying out for you. They are the Bourjois Colour Boost Lipsticks.

To me, I would not have called them a lipstick as they are designed like a normal lip crayon and so they are normally like a stain more than a lipstick. I picked up the two colours of 01 Red Sunrise and 02 Fuschia Libre. In the store I purchased mine in, they had no other colours on display but looking on the wonderful internet there are 5 shades altogether in the range.

They are super moisturising and look and feel very glossy and smooth on the lips. I love them, they are no hassle to apply, and you can even apply them without using a mirror, so they are fantastic for when you are out and about, and you feel like you need to put a lip balm on, these will soothe and remoisturise your lips no problem.

On the packaging it states that it lasts for 10 hours, for me they didn't last that long (6 hours) but anything over 4 hours is absolutely fine for me and I will happily retouch up my lipstick once my work shift is over. It also says it is waterproof, after drinking and eating there was a little colour left but not much as when I applied it. The packaging states that it has a bare lip sensation, and this is totally true, it honestly does feel like you aren't wearing any lip products whatsoever.

The lipstick also contains an SPF factor of 15 which is great so you don't have to worry about your lips burning if you are in some nice sunny weather.

01 Red Sunrise is a gorgeous bright red shade and I love this colour, lately I have really been falling in love with the reds and bright lip looks.

The packaging is bright, modern and will fit so nicely in any make up bag. This time instead of swatching the colour on my hand, I thought I would change things up a notch and show you how each lip colour looks on my actual lips. Let me know in the comments which you prefer, swatching on the back of my hand, or on my lips.

02 Fuschia Libre is a bright pink colour. This one is a lot sheerer in consistency and so this one I had to apply a couple of layers of to achieve the final colour that I wanted, but its great for if you just want a sheer wash of colour on the lips.
I bought them for £7.99 each, but I'm sure if you take a look around you may be able to get them in different deals. Overall, I think they are fabulous quality products for a very reasonable price tag. They are really moisturising and give a beautiful look to any make up look you are trying to achieve. I highly recommend buying one to try out, as i know I will be buying more shades as they are such lovely products.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you tried any of these and what you think of them in the comments section below.

Love and Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. these look a lot like the revlon ones! love the colors you purchased :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all very similar I have found but these go on a lot smoother and silkier than the Revlon ones. :)

      Delete
  2. I am totally a lip junkie, I love trying out different brands of lip products and I have to try these Bourjois color boost lipstick. I reminds me of the Revlon ones that I love. I love the shades that you got too. Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely want to get my hands on some of these.
    Xxx
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what colours you get. My store recently got in 2 new shades so I will purchasing those very soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...