Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Clinique Cheek Pops Review

 I have been a fan of many beauty brands, but for me Clinique was a brand, that I thought was more skincare orientated so it was on my radar for knowing the brand existed and I had bought one or two bits from their make up range, but I had never been totally wowed by their products.

This has now very much changed. I had seen a few people talking about the new "Cheek Pops" ( blushers) and the pictures they had shown of the beautiful Gerbera Daisy stamped onto the blush wowed me even more. Gerbera Daisies are my favourite ever flower and so I was tempted to just buy the one colour, but then I saw more and more pictures of them and I decided that I would like the whole range.

They come in 4 colours, Ginger pop, Plum pop, Peach pop and Berry Pop. I managed to buy the ginger, berry and peach online and they were here two days later, so Clinique's online service is fantastic for speed of delivery. But I had to wait for the last Plum pop to be available, which I was able to get last Friday. They cost £16.50 which, yes, I know is quite expensive but I totally love the design, and the pigmentation is just fantastic. The tubs they are come in are solid plastic, but not the cheap flimsy stuff where you think the lid will snap off after only a couple of uses.

Now onto the important stuff, when you rub your finger over the blush, it feels very creamy and when you apply it, it blends like a dream and so the look can be a very natural, gentle flush to the cheeks, or you can make the look as intense as you desire. I was worried that with the swatching the design would rub off but there isn't even a mark where I have used them. I have used them both using a stippling brush and with my fingertips and both give fantastic results.

Now I shall you close ups and swatches



This is Berry Pop. This is a beautiful shade, this has a subtle purple tinge to it and really complements every skin tone.


This is Ginger Pop. This is more of a terracotta shade, and has a brown tinge to it, so you could use it as a bronzer too, if you like your bronzer to have an orange tinge to it.



This is peach pop, a true coral shade and is perfect for this spring trend of Coral being everywhere, in clothing, household decorations and in beauty products. I think this shade is so pretty and gives your cheeks a delicate flush of coral.

Lastly is Plum Pop

This is a fantastic bright blue pink blush and I LOVE IT. I've worn this shade the most out of the others and everyone has complimented me every time I have worn it.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and let me know if you have any of these shades and what you think of them.

Love and Hugs

2 comments:

  1. I've have nominated your blog for the Very Inspiring blogger award. Check out my blog for more details...
    lizzieharrisonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Love Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for nominating me xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...