Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Get ready with me

Hi everyone, I thought today I would do a Get Ready with me blog.  I look a little pale in this photo, but I the foundation looked fine in real life, it just must have been the flash. ( keeping it real guys!!!)

Right so first off, as I had promised I am really trying to improve my skincare routine and so I am applying my Soap And Glory moisturiser, its beautiful and really sinks into the skin without making your face feel greasy.

Yep, I am still in my cupcake pyjamas, aren't they cute.

The foundation I am using is the Bourjois 123 foundation, it is quite a thin watery consistency, so I find it better to apply it with my Real Techniques Sponge (it's just like the beauty blender) and it really gives the foundation a flawless finish, as if you are not wearing foundation.
Here I am applying my concealer, and I apply it under my eyes in a V shape, down the center of my nose a little on my chin and a little bit on my fore head. I use it mainly though to cover my bags and dark circles that I suffer with. The brand of concealer I am using is the Collection Lasting Concealer and it is brilliant.
Next, I apply my eyelid primer, this one is from Elf and is a total bargain at £1.50 and keeps my eye shadows in place all day. I would say it is a total dupe for the Urban Decay Primer Potion except that it is much much cheaper, and as I am finding ways to cut down on unnecessary spending, then I would totally repurchase this when I run out of all the other eye shadow bases that I already have in my collection.

The eye shadows that I will be wearing today are the ones from the MUA Undressed palette.
How gorgeous are they!!!!

Excuse the state of my nail polish. The first shade I applied all over the lid right up to the brow bone, the second shade was applied just over the eyelid, and then the third shade I put a little on the outer V but then mainly in the crease to give it some definition.
I then applied my eyeliner, which is a black kohl liner from Maybelline and I apply it just on my waterline as I cant apply it on my tight line and I am never steady to apply it on my eyelid.
For mascara, I have been loving an old mascara that I have had in my collection for ages, and that is the Lancome Hypnose Drama. It is only a sample but I have been using the heck out of it, and it just never seems to be drying up, so a total bargain, it really gives my lashes great length and volume.

This blush is beautiful, I find that it can be used as a blush and a highlighter. Its called Twinkle Pink from Elf and when I say it is pigmented, I mean PIGMENTED. You have to be so very careful with how much you apply on your brush, what I tend to do is just gently place the tips of the bristles onto the blush and then tap the excess of before placing on the cheeks. If it is still too much then I just put some transparent powder over the top and blend, blend, blend.

For lips I went with a relatively new piece in my collection, the new Gelly hi shine lip crayons in the shade 1.
It is a beautiful berry shade. I know it isn't supposed to be the "in shade" at the moment but I really adore  this colour.
Well, that's the finished look. I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you would like me to do more of these posts in the comments below.

Love and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...