Saturday, 19 April 2014

Glossybox April 2014

Hi everybody. It's that time of the month again where the good old Glossybox arrived on my doorstep. If you aren't familiar with the Glossybox, then I just briefly explain what it is. The Glossybox is a monthly subscription service which you pay a certain amount for, and you recieve 5 different beauty products that are relevant to you and your likes. When you first sign up for Glossybox you have to fill in a survey describing, things like, your hair type, your skin type etc etc so that the people back at the Glossybox headquarters can send out products that hopefully you will enjoy.

In each box there is a little note listing which products you recieve in the box and also, a little booklet containing different interviews with various people, and highlighting different trends, this months trend is for boyfriend jeans and it lists the top 5.
Onto this month's products first out was  an Emite Make up lip brush L312
This is a brand that I have not heard of before, but it was a welcome sight in the box as I am always on the hunt for new make up brushes. This is worth £17 on it's own and so this totally paid for the whole box by itself. Very impressed with this addition.

Next up is the Monu Spa Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil 30ml

I will enjoy using this product as most of you know I suffer with arthritis and so being able to rub this into my skin may provide some welcome relief from those terrible aches and pains.

Third out of the box, was I thought at first glance a very pretty pale pink nail polish, but on further investigation it turned out to be a pearly pink highlighter (silly me!!!)

I don't have many liquid highlighters in my collection so I was really pleased to have received this too. Also, this was a full size product and so this will last me a good long while. I really don't like it when the box is full of tiny travel size samples of products as then you feel like you are not getting good value for money.So far so good I thought.
Now, I'm not really a dry shampoo kind of gal, as I like to wash my hair every day, but I had been kind of toying around with the idea of doing a battle of the dry shampoos type of post, so this will be useful for that, if nothing else.

The last product is the fail of the box
Unfortunately I do not self tan, as I would be totally scared of getting it looking all streaky and getting myself in a 1 hot mess, so I have never ever used a tanner and cannot see myself ever using this type of product so I may be giving this to my sister to use.

Overall, I have loved this box and is really worth the money for me, as it gets me introduced to brands I had never heard of before and also gets me trying different products and maybe tests my comfort zone a little.

I really love Glossybox, and if you are not subscribed to it yet, I would encourage you to just give it a try and if you find you don't like it then you can always cancel it again.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and if you received this months Glossybox, let me know in the comments, what you did or didn't like about it.

Till next time, love and hugs

4 comments:

  1. This month's looks really good I am thinking of going with one of the ones where you pick the items yourself, Brill post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they did one where you can pick your own items. That sounds fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm really undecided whether to start a subscription at glossy box or birch box, I think these posts have helped me decide. thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...