Monday, 21 April 2014

The Bloggers Do Bargains Better Challenge #2

Hi everybody, I hope you are all well. Today's post is the challenge post "Bloggers do Bargains Better". This is the second post of this challenge and so when we were set this challenge, the question that formed in my mind was "Where do I shop where I consider to have got bargains from?" and the answer that popped into my head was ........ POUNDLAND.

Let's face it, at the moment no one has got a lot of money to spend on beauty items all the time, and so I wanted to see if you could get relatively good make up and beauty items for £1 each. So this past Saturday I trotted off to my local High Street, grabbed a basket and these are the beauty bargains I managed to pick up.

I will admit, the aisle where the beauty items were, was absolutely trashed. I even saw a lady drop some thing on the floor and instead of picking the item up and placing it back on the hook, she just kicked it under the shelving unit!!!!! There were no clear definitive shelves say with nail polish on, or lipsticks on, they were all jumbled up and so I had to hunt through and find things but treasures were found.

This Rimmel eye shadow palette was an absolute diamond to find as these are normally £4.49 in other shops, and to get 4 shadows for a £1, bargain. I did find other quads from the same range but they were all really bright pinks and greens and I felt that this palette was going to be the one that I would reach for the most on a day to day basis.
I could not believe that I found a Sally Hansen nail polish in Poundland and it was the only one on the shelf and so that quickly was put into my basket so no one else could grab it. They are £6.99 in other shops.

Another nail polish I found, and I had been eyeing this colour up for a while but had never got around to actually buying it was the Rimmel polish in Sky High. Such a gorgeous turquoise green shade, perfect for summer and would look fabulous on the toes.
These are £3.69 in other stores.
Now, most of you by now will know I love my nail polish and that I don't tend to wear falsies as they normally don't stand up to the wear and tear of my daily job. But that all changed with the Nailene false nails I tried a while back ( I did a review on them, check further back in my blog for further details). So when I saw these for a £1.00 I was intrigued as to whether they will be any good. It would be wonderful if they were, as they had quite a few different designs, but as it is Spring I went with the floral theme.

A lot of people love the Rimmel lip liners and I have such a lot of trouble in finding them, that I was totally shocked when I saw this, so I knew it just had to go in my basket.

Last of all, I found a set of make up brushes. If you are a brush lover like myself, you can never have enough brushes in your collection so a pack of 5, seemed like a bargain to me. I will let you know if they are any good, as I have tried cheap brushes before that I found on a clearance end at Boots and they were rubbish. They left more bristles on my face than applied the make up so I will let you know what these are like.

I think, overall I got some really good stuff, and it only cost me £6.00!!!.It just shows that if you are on a tight beauty budget, if you hunt around you can get some great bargains at Poundland and other cheap stores.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and that I have inspired you to do your own beauty bargain shopping.

Love and Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Well, I have yet to come up with an idea for my post on this! But I love the nails stuffs, it looks like a good haul here!

    Check out my poem about spring: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/how-to-write-poem.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fab haul. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Wow thats some great stuff you picked up from poundland! Great savings! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I did save a lot of money. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  3. I like the press on nails.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...