Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Why being a Mommy is the best job in the world.

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a great day. I know Mothers Day has long gone, and I was supposed to get this up sooner, but what with everything that has gone on with my kitchen and dining room disaster, it had been pushed to the back of my mind. But no longer, today I wanted to talk about my lovely Mothers Day that I enjoyed with my family and the presents that I recieved.

Being a mom for me is one of the best things that I have ever accomplished. My pregnancy was a bad one, and I hated every second as I was in and out of hospital like a yo yo and had sickness from the start to the finish. Daniel was born by caesarian section, and from that day my life was changed forever. Admittedly, looking back I struggled with Post Natal Depression and I found being a new mom hard, especially with my then husband working nights and sleeping all day I was on my own nearly all the time.

With going back to work when Daniel was only 5 months old, was extremely hard but it was good for me in a way as I could find a way to be me and not just "mommy" 24 hours a day.

Daniel and I have always been close and I have always been extremely protective over him, some would say maybe too protective. When he was 10 months old, we found out that Daniel was partially blind, and this devastated me, and broke my heart. Even now, although we have had time to get used to the idea, it still hurts that I cant help him improve his sight and "make it better" like Mommy is supposed to.. Ever since his dad walked out and left us when he was 5 I have tried to be both Mommy and Daddy, and have tried to give him as much love and comfort and support that I can. We have grown so close now, and we have some amazing times together and I am so very proud of the little man he is growing up to be.

Every Mothers Day I cherish so  much and I am  blessed that I have Daniel in my life. All the little notes and drawings that he does for me, I try to keep as they mean a lot. This year, I received  a beautiful china mug which I am using right this minute which says "World's best Mom" and some gorgeous Janet Reger (a brand I have never heard of) shower gel and body butter, oh and a single daffodil which is in a vase on my kitchen windowsill.

This past Mothers Day I was very lucky to go to dinner at my Mom and Dad's house with Daniel, and had a lovely time chatting with my Mom and Nan about different things and we had 3 photos taken of the 4 generations of the family, which I will always cherish. At 93, I know my nan won't be around forever so I love to spend time with her and keep memories of the times we have spent together.

I really hope you enjoyed this post, and I apologise for it's lateness.

Love and Hugs

2 comments:

  1. You're actually early for those of us reading this in the US :) Beautiful post though, love the idea of the photo of multiple generations, probably something I should get to doing with my family before it's too late
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hopefully feature the photos in an upcoming blog post. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...