Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Bloggers Do It Better Challenge no 3 " Brights and Neutrals"

Hi everyone, today's post is a blog post challenge which is all about Brights and Neutrals. So I looked through my collection and found some perfect lipsticks that would be just right. I have a real mixture of brights and neutrals in my make up stash and so it was fairly easy to find just the perfect shades I wanted to talk about.

People always say that you are either a bright lips kind of girl, or you are a fan of the neutral shades of lip colours, but for me, I like both as I find that they can really give your overall look a totally different feel, whether you wear a bright lip or a nude lip, say with a smokey eye look.Also, people say that you can only wear a bright lip look in the spring/summer months but I try to rock a bright look whenever the mood takes me, no matter what the season is.

Right onto the 3 lip colours that I chose for the Neutrals option.
The first on the left is the Revlon lip butter in Creme Brulee. This is such a moisturising and smooth lipstick to apply, and really lasts during my working day.
This is such a perfect go to work lip look. Just a quick swipe across the lips with this and you are out of the door, no lip liner or mirror needed.

The next lipstick I decided to include is "Be Free" by Bare Minerals.

This is a gorgeous nude and is beautiful to apply, its a "my lips but better" kind of shade that I love to wear.

Last of all in the Neutrals range is my most treasured lipstick, "Spanish Nude" by Tom Ford.

This is more pink based  than the other neutrals I have shown. It is seriously luxurious when you apply it to the lips, and yes I know £30+ is a lot to pay for a lipstick but the quality of the lipstick and also the packaging, just speaks volumes, and hopefully one day I will be able to add another of his lipsticks to my collection.

Now onto the brights,
The brands I have included in this photo are L'Oreal, Mac and Maybelline.

First up is the L'Oreal liquid lipstick

This shade is Fuschia Drama. It is a stunning bright blue based pink. It applies like a gloss with it's doe foot applicator, but it dries to the consistency of a lipstick and really lasts a long time, with no smearing or fading. I love this range of lipsticks and have all the colours as I love them that much.


This is the cheapest of the whole bunch, and it is a Maybelline Vivid lipstick called Fuschia Flash #902. It is such a creamy pigmented lipstick and really gives a pop of colour to your overall make up look. It is a stunning shade and it is one of my favourite lipsticks to wear.

Last of all is a Mac lipstick (sorry but I couldn't do a post without mentioning a Mac item, you know how much I love this brand) . It is Mac's Morange and is bang on trend for when you want to wear a bright neon orange lip colour.

This is a fabulous lipstick. The staying power is phenomenal and after I had tried to remove the swipe off my hand with a baby wipe, the stain was still there for a good couple of hours and I had done washing up and other household chores. Such a great colour and I totally recommend everybody owning a shade like this, as it is quite unique in my whole collection.

Well, that's my post for this challenge. I hope you enjoyed it and let me know in the comments if there are bright and neutral lipsticks that you love that you think I should own in my collection.

Till next time,


4 comments:

  1. Love the tom ford shade! I have been on the look out for MAC's Moragne.

    xo Franchesca| City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a stunning shade. You definitely need Morange in your collection. Thankyou for reading xx

      Delete
  2. I'm the same and like a mixture of nude and bright shades depending on how I'm feeling! Lovely picks, love the shade of the MAC Lipstick

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...