Sunday, 11 May 2014

MUA Undressed palette review

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. I have been recovering from an almighty migraine which surfaced on Friday due to me having to start wearing glasses. I began to wear them on Wednesday and was fine, Thursday I was okay, but Friday I began to feel unwell. By 2pm that afternoon, the pain in my head and my eye was awful, and really don't know how I managed to get Daniel from school and get home. All I managed to do was get onto the settee and curl up in a ball and wait for the painkillers to kick in. Eventually the pain began to wear off and and I began to feel a little more myself again.

Yesterday I went back to the opticians and they said it was just me having to get used to wearing glasses as I have never worn any before and so need to just slowly adjust to wearing them for short periods and then slowly increase the time in them. So as I am typing this, I am wearing my glasses and as soon as I finish this blog, I will take them off and try again tomorrow. Hopefully doing it this way the migraine wont come back, fingers crossed.

Right, now on to today's review. As you may already know I am obsessed with eye shadow palettes and tend to always go for my high end ones, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Mac etc etc. Well, I had seen many people raving about this palette and so I thought I would give it a go. MUA is sold at Superdrug and this palette retails for £4.00!!!! I know, it is a total bargain for that price even if it isn't that pigmented I thought when I was buying it. In the palette you get 12 shadows and they are of a really good pan size too, so you know it will last you a good long time.
The palette does come with a dual ended sponge applicator which is useful, but I do tend to use my other brushes in my collection as I can blend better with them, but they will be useful in the future no doubt. The shadows unfortunately don't come with any names,they are just listed as shade 1, shade 2, etc etc, which I don't really like as I like my eye shadows to have names, but that is only a tiny downside.
To be honest when I bought this palette I really wasn't expecting much pigmentation from the colours as it is such a cheap range from the drug store, but how wrong could one person be!!! They are absolutely fantastic shadows and they absolutely blew me away with the quality and blendability. They are really creamy and smooth to apply and go onto the eyelid like a dream. The shadows are all great colours and are fab for a neutral colour lover like myself.
This is a row of swatches from the top row of the palette. There is a great highlight colour and a couple of matte crease colours and all the rest are shimmers, but that doesn't bother me as I like a little bit of a shimmer to apply all over the eyelid.
Just look at those swatches for pigmentation. Just so packed with colour and to be honest if you are a girl who can't justify spending over £30 for one of the Naked 1 palettes, then I think that this palette would be a great palette to try for similar colours. This palette is really great for an everyday look, and so I have been using this a lot, when I have been in a rush to get to work.

I totally love this palette and highly recommend everyone adding it to their own collections as I know it would be a great addition to any beauty lovers make up  situation.

Well, I hope you all have enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments below if I have tempted you to purchase it, or if you already own it, what colours are your favourites.

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    sothisishowlifegoes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much. That is very kind of you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...