Sunday, 4 May 2014

Music: Blogger 2014 Challenge

Hi everybody. Today I am going to do the next challenge in the Blogger 2014 Challenge set by the lovely Gaby from AnotherGirlyBlog. This one we have to write anything to do with music. This was such an easy  challenge for me as I am a HUGE Celine Dion fan and have been for the past 22 years.

I have seen her live 5 times, and the last time I flew all the way out to Las Vegas to go to the Premiere of her new show "Celine". My obsession with her began when I was just 15 years of age, and I had been given a CD player for Xmas but no cds to play on it and so I was wandering round town the one day and came across a tiny little music shop, and so ventured inside.

A lot of the cd's were out of my price range as at the time I was only earning £5 a week doing a paper round, but then I came across a bargain bin which had some CD singles in for 99p each. I picked one up and I had never heard of Celine Dion and her song "Misled" but I guessed for that price I could take a chance as I wasn't wasting too much money.

I got it home and listened to it, and I was OBSESSED with it. I listened to it over and over and then my boyfriend at the time bought me her latest album which was the Falling Into You album.
Ever since then, I have loved her and everytime she came to England I had to go and see her. I even went to the old Wembley stadium down in London to go and see her. I have books, cd's, mugs, tshirts, programmes, old 7" records, cassettes of her music. I even have collected her French music too. There is not an album of hers that I don't own.

But the highlight of my Celine Dion craze was when I flew out to Vegas (on my own, may I add!!! How brave was I?) and met up with lots of other Celine Dion fans and we all went to the premiere and the second night concert all together. It was fantastic and the memories from that time will stay with me forever. When that curtain went up and Celine was stood there on stage, I just burst into tears because I just couldnt believe that I was at the actual Premiere and in Vegas.
I have seen her in my hometown of Birmingham too and that was just unbelieveable as I was only a few rows away from the front.

People slate Celine, for the way she sings, the facial expressions she uses and the passionate way she portrays the songs, but for me that just shows how much effort she uses when singing, and the emotion of the words she is saying. Celine has done duets with so many other singers and just shows her versatility at being able to change her singing style to any genre of music. She has sung with Barbara Streisand, Will I Am, Andre Bocelli, Elton John, even Elvis!!!!

My only dream left to fulfill would be to meet my idol, so many of my Celine friends have, but as of yet I have been unlucky and not achieved this. One day hopefully, fingers crossed.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my love for Celine Dion. Let me know in the comments if there are any artists you love and have been to see live.

Till next time,

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You got to go to a premiere in such a fancy place! No wonder you loved it so much ;) It's so great when you get to meet your musical idol in person! I am still waiting till when I will go see Beyoncé live... I really have been a fan of her music all my life, growing up with her voice in the background as Destiny child... I can't wait!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/the-recruit-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...