Sunday, 25 May 2014

The Reading Tag

Hi everyone. I saw this on Aimee Belle Blog and I knew just straight away that I had to do this reading tag. As most of you will know I am an avid book reader and there is nothing I like better than to be settled down in a comfy chair, a nice cup of coffee and while away the hours with a good book. I am part of a book club on Twitter and like the website Goodreads too as it really gives you some fantastic ideas for new books to read.

So, onto the tag, and if you enjoy this post please let me know if you do this on your own blog, so that I can make sure to pop along and read your answers too.

1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
No, I read anywhere. In bed of a morning or evening. On the bus on the way to and from work. In the kitchen whilst I am cooking dinner, in the garden on a nice, warm, sunny day. If I have a spare minute and I am not next to my laptop you will find me reading.

2) Bookmark or a piece of paper?
Well, to be honest I read mostly off my Kindle now and so don't need a bookmark or something to keep my place, but if ever I do read an actual book, then I just use whatever is close at hand, whether that be an actual book mark or the newest Chinese menu takeaway list. They all come in useful.

3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I can just stop whenever I want to. I never put limitations on myself.

4) Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
Yes, I'm almost always drinking a cup of coffee whilst I am reading, and I do like to eat a nice piece of cake if I have some in the house.

5)Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
No, I don't tend to like to have any other distractions while reading, so that I can get fully engrossed in the plot and storyline of the book I am reading.

6) One book at a time or several all at once?
Oh my goodness, definitely just one book at a time otherwise I would end up all confused and not knowing who was who and what was going on in each of the books. I am easily muddled up and so I like to keep things nice and straightforward so that my mind can cope.

7) Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Definitely silently in my head. I only read out loud if there is a certain passage that I just cant seem to understand, and then I read it out slowly to see if I can understand it more that way.

8) Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No, never. It would spoil it then and you would not need to finish the book if you already knew how it ended. I like to read the whole book from start to finish.

9) Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
If I am reading an actual physical spine, then I do like to break the spine as I don't like new books as they never seem to stay open on the page you are on. So I like an older book as it holds its shape more.

10) Do you write in your books?
No, I don't. I don't like it when books are written in.I think it spoils them, I like to keep them just the way they are. If I need to make notes or highlight quotes that I like, I just write them in a note pad.

I hope you enjoyed this post.

Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. I get so confused if I read more than one book at a time too. When I was a kid I would have about 5 on the go and could keep track of them all but I seem to have lost the knack for it now.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...