Thursday, 19 June 2014

Hair washing but not as you know it?!?

Now, normally as far as I am concerned, the traditional way of washing your hair is to shampoo your hair first, rinse, then maybe if your hair is in desperate need of a deep clean, a second shampoo, then rinse and then condition the hair.

But in recent months, I have seen many people saying that they have tried washing their hair but in a different routine. They have been CONDITIONING the hair first, and then shampooing it after. It has had many different opinions on the results they have had. Some people have said that by conditioning their hair first, it has left their feeling softer and silkier. Some people have said that their hair felt greasy and lank and had no body to it. Others have said that they found no difference whatsoever.

So I thought I would give this a try myself and see how I would get on. I have tried it continuously for 7 days to give it enough time to see any difference.

THE RESULTS ARE IN
The first day I tried it, I found that my hair was very knotty and very hard to get my brush through to style it. Then the second day it seemed a little better and it was easier to brush and style. Then ever since then, to be honest, I have not liked how it was making my hair feel and look. It seemed to me as if my hair was limp and no body to it. It also felt a little sticky and not clean, even though I knew it was as I shampoo and condition my hair every day without fail.

So my verdict is that I won't be carrying on with the different hair routine, but will go back to my original way of shampooing first, and then conditioning as it really does make my hair feel and look better and styling it easier. It was a good experiment to try and so I encourage you to try it yourselves if you have never tried this system and let me know in the comments below, how you found your hair to be.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried it the sandwich way? Condition first, shampoo and again condition just a tiny bit. That's the way Estee from Essiebutton was doing it, I think she mentioned it in one of her vids. I haven't tried any of these methods as I'm still using the no poo - bicarb cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the pure cowashing a few times. Conditioner only, no shampoo. Apparently, there are some washing ingredients in the conditioner.
    I wasn't particularly happy with the results though - my hair gets too greasy in a day, so I'm back to my normal way - shampoo every few days and a conditioner or a mask whenever I feel like it ;)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk
    See my latest post with giveaway straight from the fashion designers in Camden Town

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...